shape
carat
color
clarity

? for Brown.Eyed.Girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Hi - I have a question about your setting you got from James Allen for your sapphire. I''m considering the wider version of that setting for my e-ring and wanted to know if it''s comfortable to wear. Do the little prongs bother the sides of your fingers at all? In the photos of the the setting that Jim has sent me, the prongs look like they stick up quite a bit and I''m worried this would bother me.

Also, do you have any straight on profile shots of your ring that you could post? I''d like to see what the setting looks like in profile and how hight the stone sits off your hand.

Thanks!
Laurel

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Laurel! Just wanted to say I''ve seen the question and I''ll answer and post pics of straight-on profiles tomorrow - things are a little crazy now. But short answer - I found the setting comfortable when I got used to it, but not at first (but it was like a day for me to adjust so not really a big deal)

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! That''s what I was wondering if the prongs were bothersome or if you were able to get used to it. I can''t wait to see pictures! Thanks again!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I have one other question for you Brown.Eyed.Girl - I just assumed that you had the thinner version of this setting (1.9mm) rather than the thicker one (2.2 mm), but I never asked for sure. Which one to you have? Thanks!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Laurel!

Here is one profile pic I have - I have others on my camera but can''t find my USB right now. I''ll hunt for that this weekend.

As for the other question, I got the thinner, 1.9 mm one - it really showcases the stone, I think, and I like how delicate-looking it is.

Pretty Things - 15.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!
36.gif
I really appreciate you posting that for me. I was really interested in seeing how high the stone set off your hand in real life - those CAD images on their website just make everything look weird and chunky. And I agree I think the 1.9mm looks perfect with your stone - very dainty and delicate!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Laurel!

I found my USB, so here are a few more profile pics of the setting!

Pretty Things II - 04.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side-on view - oops sorry it's a bit blurry. I think I was taking these in a cab to the airport bc i was getting such good sunlight - unfortunately it was a rather bumpy ride

Pretty Things II - 05.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last one that I have

Pretty Things II - 06.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Hey - thanks! I do like the way that looks from the side! And it has a very graceful curve to it that you don''t see in the pictures on their website!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results