shape
carat
color
clarity

for all the fellow bargain hunters, pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello all,
I returned the other gowns that I purchased becuase I found this one! I immediately fell in love with it. It needs alterations, it''s a size 8 and I''m about a 4 petite. I''m pinching the gown in the back so you can see what it will look like. I will probably put a small train in the back when it''s hemmed. It was on triple clearance at Macy''s for $130!! I purchased the shoes for $60, and I purchased beading supplies for $30 and I made my own pearl jewelry. So...dress, shoes, and jewelry for $220!!!!! I figure with alterations and a homemade vintage lace veil I will be at about $300, not bad huh?!! I love finding bargains and having do it yourself projects. It really makes me feel a sense of accomplishment.

The bridesmaids gowns are going to be dark gold silk shantung knee length sheath dresses my mom will be making. The wedding colors will be black, gold, and ivory. I think it will be a classic and timeless look.

What do you think? I''m so excited!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the pics!

front_34467657.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
side pic

side_346567678.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
shoes

Shoes_34t345.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
more

dress_shoesdfgdfgh.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
more shoes

dress_sideshoe.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jewelry I made!! I think it turned out pretty, and vintage looking.

WeddingJewelry_rtrth.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
more jewelry, the earrings are interchangealbe. I could either use the two-pearl drop or the one-pearl drop leverbacks.

Pearls_1368.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
bracelet, last pic. Hope you enjoyed them. I''ll post more pics when I finish making the veil and altering the gown.

Bracelet_34656.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG...it''s stunning beyond words!!!
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You''ll look like royalty!!!!

widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY STUNNING! I''m in AWE! It''s looks STUNNING. That gown is worth thousands the way that it looks. Fabulous job! WOW.
23.gif
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, you two are too sweet. Thanks a bunch, I love it too. I knew it was the gown because I felt so good in it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the gown, the shoes, the jewels- oh my!! fabulous all the way around!! it''s all so P_E_R_F_E_C_T!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow--you are quite the bargain shopper! Really, everything you got is lovely and any price and the fact that you got a deal only makes it better!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 9:17:53 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Aw, you two are too sweet. Thanks a bunch, I love it too. I knew it was the gown because I felt so good in it.

I''m still waiting for that feeling. I''ve heard rumors...lol.

I''m so HAPPY that you''ve found it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll find it Gypsy! You look good in everything you try on, all of those gowns were gorgeous that you tried on.

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Wow - you are one resourceful lady. Hats off - Gemnick

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
You did an amazing job making that jewlery!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fancy, I think I'm going to make matching sets for the bridesmaids too. My mom didn't like the gold metal in between the pearls, but I like it and think it gives it a vintage look.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you honey, that''s very sweet of you to say.

I make jewelry too... and I like the gold loops. It gives it a very vintage and very authentic look. I would do single drops for the girls though... and maybe (if it''s possible) graduated pearls so that theirs are a little different than yours. Or just smaller pearls for them.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, good ideas Gypsy. I just realized that one of the bridesmaids doesn't have pierced ears, so I might skip the earrings for them. I like the idea of smaller pearls. The one's I used were 8mm for my jewelry, so for them I might use 6mm or maybe slightly smaller for their's. Or...I could use 4mm pearls and do double strands. Hmmmm, options. I will probably use darker colored pearls for them too, a golden color to match their dresses.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the dress, the shoes are awesome. And the jewelry?? WOW. You did a great job!!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 6mm idea... how about 6mm with more loops than your between them (more spaced out) coming to a point and a drop in the middle... double pearl ''pendant'' that looks like your earring drops but with the one on top being 6mm and the one below being the same size as yours. I might be getting too complicated though.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could probably handle something like that, sounds very elegant! The pendant part wouldn''t be any trouble. When their dresses are done I''ll make a couple and see what looks best on one of them.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
This is a fabulous dress for you. I am impressed, and I can''t wait to see the post-alteration pics! I love your pearl jewelry too, you are so talented!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...everything looks great...and the bridesmaid''s dresses will go great with the color of your dress. But I have to admit...I can''t believe you made your own jewelry...it looks so elite...great job :} Hope all your plans go well :}

Wifey2b :}

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! You folks are so helpful. Any other bargain shoppers or do it yourselfers out there? I''d love to hear of other people''s bargains or creations.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Kcoursolle, it looks fabulous, you did a great job! My lazy butt hasn''t even gone to LOOK at dresses! Fantastic, though, really!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber, don''t worry you have plenty of time. Let me know if you want a partner in crime to go shopping with sometime.

E B

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous on you! I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results