shape
carat
color
clarity

Fooled Tiffany''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
I went to Tiffany's on Friday to pick up more perfume and while I was there, asked to have my ring cleaned. The lady behind the counter took one glance at it and said "of course".

She took me back to the Customer Service Desk and rang for the attendant for me. I removed my ring and handed it to the lady who used a scope on it. She exclaimed over and over again about the color and quality of the cut and how nice of a setting job it was (she seriously looked at the diamond for 30-45 seconds)! Then, she look at the band and said "Oh, this isn't Tiffany's-its D. Vatche?" I replied yes, that we had selected the radiant stone and then had it set in the X-Prong Comfort Fit Band By D. Vatche and she told me they usually only clean Tiffany's products but since it was D. Vatche it was "close enough" and she'd be happy to do it for me.

Hmmm...Very interesting...A possible clue toward the "does D. Vatche Private Label for Tiffany's" debate? Thought you all would like to know!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
That is extreeemely interesting. Although isn''t a radiant cut different enough from the Lucida that anyone at Tiffany''s should know the difference? Or am I just buying into the hype?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The Lucida is different.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany does sell radiants tho. They had one at the South Coast Plaza store.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...I don''t think that ever person that works at Tiffany''s is a naked-eye diamond expert (the girl who was helping actually worked in the perfume and pearl department) and I have heard that some radiants resemble lucida''s depending on cut so I am not sure. All I know is that not one, but two people at the store thought that it was a Tiffany''s until the one lady in CS actuallly saw the designer name engraved in the band. My radiant is a 1A Modern Cut according to the AGA and is exactly what I wanted, a true "square shaped" round brilliant so that may have thrown them off (for example, most of the stones I had seen before looked liked shattered glass vs. a brilliant-cut stone in a square shape like I wanted) when determining the true shape of the stone. Who knows? I just thought it was a good experience to share
9.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2005 9:30:36 PM
Author: Diachi
I just thought it was a good experience to share
9.gif
Indeed! P.S. I love your smiling dog.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!!! I love radiants myself, especially square ones!!!

Sad to say, but I doubt the woman was familiar with the stones and settings in general. She seems to have been a novice. Tiffany''s makes sure thier cut is safe, and so the Lucida''s closest cousin would be the Lucere. I am very surprised that the lady didn''t catch the differences between the settings, as I believe Tiffany''s settings have wider shoulders than Vatche.

By the way, Tiffany''s actually makes their own settings at their production plants. No one makes them for them, regardless of what they say.

Congrats on such a lovely ring! i am sure that lady got a good surprise when she saw that D. Vatche in there!!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results