shape
carat
color
clarity

Follow-up on Diamond Studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Double R

Rough_Rock

First, I want to thank everyone for their extremely helpful advice. I spent the day looking diamond studs for my very, very pregnant wife and I think I''ve settled on a pair. Before I commit, I want to make sure that I am getting a good deal. This is what my dealer is offering me:

Based on EGL certification (which I understand is less stringent than GIA) one is F color, .92 and SI2 and the other is G color .90 and SI2. They each have the same exact table and the first two measurements are also the same. The salesperson will throw in a 3 prong white gold setting with the price. They are offering these studs to me for $5480. As an aside, I have purchased stuff from them in the past.

Is this a good deal?

33.gif

Again, thank you all for your help.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock

They sounds like a good match, but you don''t have any cut information. They might be well matched, lifeless duds, or they might be beautiful. I don''t think you have to get the tightest H&A ideal cut for earring stones, but my new earrings are proof of the difference. I had a poorly cut pair, and now I have an ideal cut pair, and they don''t even look like the same type of stone. The ideals have so much sparkle and life, that it really is worth paying attention to the cut specs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results