shape
carat
color
clarity

Fog-free shower mirror for hubby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So....DH has just asked me to help him find a good in-shower mirror for shaving. He''s tried the cheapo ones from Walgreen''s and Target, threw them both out and now is looking for the miracle shower mirror that stays fog-free, is preferably lighted, and hopefully has a holder for his razor. I searched Sharper Image but there were only two products and both of them had bad reviews. Anyone have a great shower mirror or know where we can get one? Thanks!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
bump...

thanks for posting this monnie cause i''d like to get one too for FI. anyone have any recommendations? or does such a beast not exist? i''d believe that.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry that I don''t have a suggestion for you, I was just chiming in to say that I''ve gone through several different types (cheapo, Bed Bath and Beyond, Sharper Image etc...), and none of them have held up. They stay "fog free" for a while, and then it just seems like one day they fog up and are never the same. Good luck with your search, I''d love to find a good one too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got Greg one of the ones from SI and it lasted over 2 years before it fogged up and went south. I figure for the cost it's not the biggest deal to replace them every few years, he loves the SI one.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks bribree
35.gif
yeah i''ve tried lots from Bed bath and none worked. and i''ve researched online but haven''t seen one that really had a good rec. oh well - maybe "fog free mirror for the shower" is an oxymoron

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
hi mara - must have posted at the same time as you!

was the mirror this
one

or this one

also don't mean to threadjack but i saw your post about mani pedi in south bay for $40 and was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing which place you go to. i just moved from SF to south bay and have been searching for a good place. i miss my place in the city - they did the best french manicures and were cheap. south bay is more expensive and the manicures don't seem to last more than a week
7.gif
TIA!!

ETA : the weather is cra-aaa-zzzy today in south bay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ringster, i've emailed greg to ask but i don't think it's the one that has water running through it...i think it just clips onto the shower head or something and then you can adjust it with the tube thing. we got it like a year ago though so i bet SI has modified the design again as neither of those really look like it! but i noticed that one on the SI website is on sale for $40 from like $60, so not a bad deal for a try-sie.

the place where i go is in Mountain View and it's called La Monique just off castro and church (behind le boulanger). i love it there. i should find somewhere closer to my house as it's a 15-20 min drive (i lived in MV years ago which is when i found it)...but i just love it there and every time i have tried elsewhere, i never like it as much. i'll probably be there at some point this wkd as well, i seriously need a pedicure...my feet are gnarly!
3.gif
oh and my manis never last more than a week (3-4 days if i'm lucky) but i am so hard on my hands and wash them ALL DAY LONG...so i'm never surprised. my pedicures however last anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on what sesason (aka are my feet inside shoes all the time or exposed)...and the polish seems to take forever before it chips which i love.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much mara! i''ll check out SI and also your nail recommendation :). i''m pretty easy on my hands so if i get a good manicure it can last up to two weeks - i always wear gloves when washing dishes. and i don''t have a green thumb like you tho i wish i did!

i know what you mean about traveling to your old favorite because i always stop by my old place in SF when i am up there.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, gals. DH told me last night the mirror doesn''t HAVE to be fog-free because he doesn''t take showers that are hot enough or long enough to fog a mirror anyway.
20.gif
I commented that on days when I take my shower right before his (and mine are always at least 10 minutes of nice HOT water), the bathroom will be steamy anyway so a fog-free mirror would be preferable anyway.

I think we''ll try the SI one and see how that works, they have a pretty good return policy and their mirrors aren''t super expensive like Mara says, so not much to lose by trying one.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Well, we don''t have a fog-free mirror but I do always use an anti-fog cleaner on our bathroom mirror. Maybe that would work for his shower mirror. It''s just some stuff that my husband used to use on the sheild of his motorcycle helmet, but it works great on bathroom mirrors!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2008 8:58:01 PM
Author: sunkist
Well, we don''t have a fog-free mirror but I do always use an anti-fog cleaner on our bathroom mirror. Maybe that would work for his shower mirror. It''s just some stuff that my husband used to use on the sheild of his motorcycle helmet, but it works great on bathroom mirrors!
Hey, there''s a good idea! Do you happen to know the name of the anti-fog stuff you use? TIA!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh monnie Greg said that he has the one that goes through the shower tube so that it channels the water in it and that is supposedly how it stays fog free. anyway good luck!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara for the clarification. makes sense that keeping the mirror itself warm would decrease condensation.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 9:22:14 PM
Author: monarch64
Date: 1/4/2008 8:58:01 PM

Author: sunkist

Hey, there''s a good idea! Do you happen to know the name of the anti-fog stuff you use? TIA!

Sure! Let''s see, it is SCOTT brand. You can probably find it at a motorsports store, or a snow boarding/ski shop cause people use it on goggles or helmets. Here''s a LINK to what it looks like.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, sunkist! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the stuff...I have no idea where to find a motorsports store in the area but we do have REI closeby, you think they might have it?
9.gif

ETA: you know what? Nevermind...my brother and SIL are totally into motorcycles and ATV's, I bet they have some of this stuff. I'll ask when I go down for their baby shower this month!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks sunkist and mara! i think i''ll try out the spray and if that doesn''t work then i''ll check out the SI mirror.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
h monnie Greg said that he has the one that goes through the shower tube so that it channels the water in it and that is supposedly how it stays fog free. anyway good luck!!
like Mara said above it works very well.

I also use it on shower glass door as it keeps it cleaner for longer periods of time.Has to be used properly as instructed on label.I have been using Rainex from Auto store for a long time it works very well.Clean it with water and vinegar only after so you won''t remove it too soon. You will notice when it needs to be re done again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results