shape
carat
color
clarity

flush fitting wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meow

Rough_Rock
I have recently found an engagement ring that I really love. The problem is that I can''t find a wedding band that sits flush with it. I am very traditional and have to wear that wedding band--is it really necessary that they fit flush or will it look weird if it doesn''t?
8.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi Meow.
I sure know exactly what you are saying. I had a tough time as well finding something to fit against my diamond ring. I knew it would make me nuts if they didn't fit tight. To make matters worse, I wanted a wedding band that could be worn even without the engagement ring, so I did not want anything custom made with an odd shape. I ended up with a tall head on my diamond so that it clears the top of the wedding band which has pave diamonds set very flat. I hope that makes sense.

Diamondlil

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
I think you have to be comfortable with whether the bands sit flush or not. If it will bother you then try to find a band that will sit flush or a different mounting. Ask your jeweler he/she can offer some ideas.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Mine is an antique-style basket head, so it doesn't sit flush at all with the wedding ring. It bothered me at first, but now I not only am used to it, but actually like the way the gap looks! Go figure. So, you just have to figure out if the ring is so much more important to you than the gap. If it is, you'll probably get used to it.

If it makes you feel any better, until the 1950s rings were not made to fit flush, so the gap used to be quite common!

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I also have an antique looking basket set e-ring, and am having the same problem finding a band I like. The gap has been very noticeable with some bands, and not so much with others. I am also thinking of having one made with a slight curve to go around. I have never been a fan of those "wrap" bands, but I just feel the gap will bother me too much
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results