shape
carat
color
clarity

fluorescence question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
I finally got a uv light for diamonds and i started playing with it. according to my GIA books, the diamonds should have a blue flouorscence. so, i use my diamond ring and 2 out of 11 diamonds turned light blue to blue and the others turned purple like the uv light. can someone explain why the other diamonds didn''t turn blue? i thought diamonds are suppose to be blue under uv light.

jenny

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they didn''t turn blue that means they don''t have flourescence, I think.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they can turn other colors, too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only diamonds with fluorescence will 'glow' under UV light. The rest won't.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2007 4:50:56 PM
Author:mmpawnshop
I finally got a uv light for diamonds and i started playing with it. according to my GIA books, the diamonds should have a blue flouorscence. so, i use my diamond ring and 2 out of 11 diamonds turned light blue to blue and the others turned purple like the uv light. can someone explain why the other diamonds didn''t turn blue? i thought diamonds are suppose to be blue under uv light.

jenny
Start here:
There is a "must" link on the post Admin. posted on the following thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-fluorescence-mean-anything.58096/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results