shape
carat
color
clarity

Flouresence curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
I would like to see what a diamond with white and yellow flour looks like out of curiosity. (I know that is bad flour, just curious to see what that looks like. Does anyone know a link where there are photos?

Jensia

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please look in the VIDEO GALLERY where I produced a video of exactly these two UV effects. It isn''t going to win an Oscar, but it was the best I could do with the tools at hand.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White ins't 'bad' (no more than the blue is - for the same reason - it doesn't 'tint' the stones with a discounted color). It is very, very rare.

Yellow is not liked on white diamonds because it tints them when 'on' (e.g. sun light). The effect is very subtle though.
On yellow diamonds, yellow fluorescence becomes a good thing, because it matches the desired color of the stone. Blue does the opposite, so it is discounted - quite the reverse as it is the case for white diamonds
5.gif

Anyway, ther's allot of talk for such a subtle phenomenon. 'Strong' fluorescence talks for itself a bit. Less than that is takes allot of looking to see what it does at all.

Pictures? No such luck
7.gif

Alside...

This one for yellow color/ yellow fluorescence and threre are a few more when this comes from John Betts

There are some diamonds that have patches of different colors of fluorescence inside - quite cool under UV. I've seen bits of rough like that, never a cut diamonds though.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Where is the video gallery? I can not find it :)

Thankyou:)

Jensia

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you scroll up to the top left of this page, you will see 4 icons:
1. Pricescope Forums
2. Picture Gallery
3. Video Gallery
4. Journal

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Thankyou:) Never saw that icon up there,lol

I need to get a new uv light . I had one but it got stollen when the neighbor kid pothead broke into my house.

I wonder why certificates do not show what color the flour is, or do they only do that if it is yellow?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Boo hoo, I can''t watch any of the videos. I have a Mac.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never realized the videos were there until this thread cropped up. The videos are very informative and interesting.

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
Very interesting video. It would have been more informative, though, to see the stones in some manner of normallighting too, to see what difference it made to the stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results