shape
carat
color
clarity

flourescence glow in the dark?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
If a stone has medium blue flourescence, in dark room or at night, it would glow very obviously, would this look so queer, and unattractive, and undesireable?

I had faint flourescence in a princess cut before, and I don't remember it glowing in the dark, but perhaps medium flourescence would glow in the dark?

DiamondJoeQuimby

Rough_Rock
My understanding is that flourescence and the associated blue glow is only present under a black light. It does not glow in the dark, that is phosphorescence...I think, or a nice coating of glow-in-the-dark paint. :D

Of course I could be wrong...:confused:

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I read on forum that someone has diamond that glows in the dark bc diamond has flourescence.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It glows under black lights that disco's have. I think that is what he/she was referring to. In general, if you don't frequent nightclubs - you shouldn't have a problem. Besides, I think it's kinda cool. As you may recall, all my stone have a range of bl. fluor.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
If I go to a party and lights turned off for dancing, diamond w/flourescence would glow wouldn't it? humm...

I read on Mondera site, the trade attaches stigma to diamond w/flourescence so it is frown upon, does this mean H color w/fl. I expect to have discount on stone?

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
At what color might it be preferable to have some faint flouresence? G? H? I?Doesn't it help balance out yellow, since blue is the complementary color to yellow?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Faint flourescence does not affect G/H color very much but helps make stone look whiter in sun light. I had G color w/faint flourescence and it was white. Faint FL is nice.

If I color, you need medium to strong flourescence to complement the yellow color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results