shape
carat
color
clarity

Floral Ring by Michael E of The Gem Shoppe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

limey

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

In finding PriceScope when researching diamonds for an E-ring upgrade I managed to get to know some truly talented people, one of them is Michael E of The Gem Shoppe in Cashmere, WA. I knew from his various posts and interests that he had a focus in colored stones and custom gem cutting and rings. For several years my wife had mentioned that she would like a right-hand ring which included my two daughters birth stones - Precious Topaz (November) and Blue Zircon (December). I also knew she liked the look of Floral rings.

I approached Michael and we discussed over Email and over the phone how such a ring could be accomplished. I quickly decided that I wanted the colored stones to be in the center of two flowers - one for each daughter. What immediately impressed me about Micheal was his attempts to not upsell me on anything and initailly we focused on stock mountings that he could add stones too. I looked for ideas and samples of rings I liked, we looked at some stock mountings and they were close but we decided to go custom based on what I wanted this ring to look like and symbolize. I quickly learned that using the actual birthstones might be challenging at such small sizes yet a representation with sapphires of equivalent colors would be effective. His technical direction of the ring I wanted to build was amazing. And he got it done just in time for her birthday tomorrow!

One of my wife's favourite flowers is Anemone's so I found various photographs and pictures and sent them to Michael, he even found some hiking in his local mountains. The pictures do not do the ring justice, it flows very nicely and delicately from buds near the euro-shank base to nodding/partially opened flowers on the shoulders to two fully open flowers. The hand engraving is amazing, a true artisan, including beads that hold the sapphires that look like stamens and the 6 small diamonds looking like dew drops sitting on the leaf patterns which are difficult to discern from the photos.

cheers
limey

limey

Shiny_Rock
The concept sketch from Michael....

floralsketch.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
The wax

floralwax.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
different view

floralwax2.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
Finished ring...

Floralfinish2.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
and another...

FloralFinish1_LowRes.jpg

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I used to live in Wenatchee! Cashmere is really beautiful...

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful as well!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks so much for the step by step! Really nice work. Your wife will be thrilled!

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
That is simply stunning, and so thoughtful! Thanks for the pictures.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Limey, that turned out beautifully. I am in the early stages of a project with Michael and have found him to be quite a gentleman, very easy going.

All the best. Your wife will be so happy.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Love the story, AND the ring. Not my style, but it's really beautifully done. I bet your wife will just love it! Congrats!

hannah

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy! :}

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
very nice limey! admire your dedication to finding and making something so original and meaningful

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Limey

That ring is truly lovely. I just wish my SO had your imagination!

win

just-ice

Rough_Rock
limey...how exciting to go through such an incredible creative process!!!Beautiful and unique!

limey

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/17/2004 9:35:54 PM winyan wrote:

Limey

That ring is truly lovely. I just wish my SO had your imagination!

win----------------

Hey win and all

Thanks for all the compliments, my wife loved the gift! Not as bling as her Jubilee upgrade but very unique, symbolic, and beautiful. Michael E is quite amazing, I will definately work with him again (lucky for my wife I guess). I am glad I found PS, makes imaginative gift ideas even easier with all of my virtual sisters to bounce ideas off!

limey

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What an incredibly thoughtful gift! Lucky lady to have such a beautiful ring and gret hubby.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results