shape
carat
color
clarity

Floral halo with small (.7ish) stone?

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I've been reading this forum daily for many months and finally I have in my possession the stone that will be set in my engagement ring (currently it's set in semi bezel setting in a band so I am not sure of specs, I haven't seen the grading report either, but I took a rough measurement and think it's just shy of 6mm round), I've done a search but I can't find much for floral settings with smaller stones, most use 2+ it seems. I am looking for images, particularly hand shots, of a smaller stone with a floral halo, think Caroline by EW style vs a typical pave halo. I'm wondering if the stone would be swallowed in such an ornate halo. I often see on this forum specific rings being referenced so hopefully someone remembers one being posted in the past and can point me in the right direction. Excited to finally have the stone and be able to make one solid decisions!! I had been leaning toward a solitaire but I admit the stone looks small to me so a halo is probably a better choice, however I am not an overly girly girl so I would rather a halo with an antiquey look vs sparkle sparkle. I've attached a file with the ones that take my fancy, I know they're not all halos but hopefully it gives the idea of the kind of look I'm after. If not a halo I do want the basket (is that the right word?) visible from the top view.

_569.jpeg

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, links to Blue Nile web pages don't "hold"; you end up getting redirected to BN's home page & I've not been able to grab images there tonight via my iPad. But to get visual reassurance that a floral halo eed not "swamp" a center stone that's less than 1 ct, type 41946 in BN's search box & then click on the listing; it's the BN semi-mount most like what I think would appeal to you.

When that page opens up, look at Recently Purchased below the feature pics. The Recently Purchased thumbnails you'll initially see are for videos of the floral halo ring with different sizes of center stones. Still photos of yet more such rings will be revealed to the right when you click onto any one of the video thumbnails. Only 1 of the total of 8 is more than one carat.

Hopefully, other PSers can provide hand shots of rings that will be helpful to you; my initial search of GoogleImages didn't retrieve any, but that doesn't mean that there is none to be seen here on PS.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't go with a basket that envelops the stone. I was considering it for a 1.5ct and it was too overwhelming. Also you can't really see all the detail in the basket so it loses a lot of its charm. I would go with flower halo type design though. I've seen some Hearts on Fire rings with .7 centers and the Lorelai and Beloved looked proportional and had a nice flowery design.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Shellcm

Try the Blue Nile floral halo ring - stock number 41946. If you look at their 'Recently Purchased' versions of this ring (there are quite a lot) you'll see a number around or directly on the .7ct mark. They look fabulous! Lovely sized stone for this setting.

Good luck!

ETA Good lord! I think I just channelled MollyMalone's exact post above! (sorry Molly!)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem, mrs-b , you were more succinct :D

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I greatly appreciate the responses. Seeing the blue Nile one was very helpful. I'm still looking around but I've ruled out those with a prominent basket. Here in Australia most jewellery storesare boring boring boring but I'll have to try to find one that sells something similiar so I can try it on before purchasing.

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Have you tried other vendors or even pinterest? There are a lot of designs out there for a floral type design- super pretty.
LAD and DK are two vendors whose work is gorgeous.
Best of luck and can't wait to see the finished results!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
.7ct is a nice size for a flower halo. You could go more toward Edwardian cluster ring if you wanted finger coverage. Single cuts would look antique and wold not compete as much with the center stone. (first 2 rings pictured)

We have a thread of 1ct & under e-rings in Show Me The Bling part of this forum. You might look through it. I don;t know if there are flower halos or not.

The 2nd pic is Sylvie brand. It's available white, rose, or yellow gold.

The 3rd pic one is from my files, and I just have it labeled "Russian." As you can see, it has no diamonds except the center stone but is a flower type.

Last pic is a 1ct cz center and from a site sorrelsky.com but I used it as an example.

flower5.png

rosesylvie.png

_34940.jpg

sorrellsky.png

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Unobuck - Thank you for the LAD reminder, I had a look and found this one http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-bella-halo-setting-lad-signature-collection/ So far I love the halo on this one the most, it's perfect, I think I could happily look at it every day! I love rose gold too so it's nice to see it in that metal. We can't afford the price point though and don't love the basket, so I'm keeping on looking for something similiar but more simple :) if I can't find something we might be emailing David klass the pics I like and the elements thereof and asking him to suggest something. I gather he is heavily utilised for affordable yet good quality cads.

Adabeta love that last one but it may be a bit too girly for me to be happy with on a daily basis. Thank you for your suggestions! I hadn't heard of an Edwardian cluster and had a great time looking at them!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my .57 in a floral halo. I absolutely love this ring!
The setting and diamond are from James Allen. I don't wear it with that ugly band lol, I was just testing it out with something to see if I liked the plain band look!

_34968.jpg

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks heaps for sharing your picture, what is your finger size if you don't mind me asking? Definitely enough coverage there!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring size is 7, and to me it looks huge. the finger coverage is amazing, it looks much bigger than what it is. i love the setting with plain shank as well, and the floral halo. I looked a lot to find this exact combo.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Ah crap just spoke to my boyfriend last night and he is not ok with sending the stone overseas. I have no idea how to find a decent manufacturing jeweller in Brisbane!! Is there any kind of list or thread on this site does anyone know?

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I'm a big fan of the plain shank too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results