carat
color
clarity

Floating Oval Eternity Ring by David Klass

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
<Warning long post, skip to the bottom for photos. =)2 >

This journey was 5 years in the making.

I’ve been thinking about an eternity ring for about 5 years now. Thought it would make a wonderful 25th anniversary present but ended up with something else instead. Yet, the idea of owning one would bubble up as each anniversary neared. To me, an eternity ring is like a circle of twinkling lights—little sparks that ignite from subtle movements. But my logical side would say why get many little stones when I could get a whole diamond, a bracelet or a watch. So I put that idea aside, until now.

This year my DH and I celebrated our 30th anniversary. DH learned not to surprise me from our first year of being together. I thought long and hard about what could represent 30 years; spreadsheets were involved, Pinterest and Instagram were throroughtly viewed, PS was consulted. ;)2

At first I thought I’d like a Cartier Trinity Ruban diamond ring. I knew I wouldn’t be getting a lot of diamond but I reasoned it could be an heirloom to pass down to one of my twin girls. I was surprised that I didn’t love the Ruban as much as I thought I would. Instead I fell for a pave Love ring in WG. It looks beautiful on my right hand and also matches DH’s 3 diamonds Love WG ring which was his 20th anniversary present from me. I went home very happy. We toasted with champagne the next day on our anniversary.

BEC5C0E3-BE74-4701-952C-E88B9B22368D.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
The thought of an eternity ring still kept bubbling up. Would it ever go away? May be something to plan for as a birthday or next year’s anniversary present? I discussed it with DH and we decided to go for it. It is our 30th anniversary after all. OMG. OMG. OMG.

Thanks to all the advice and information from this forum. I discovered David Klass. I truly thank those who posted feedback on his work and shared pictures of his creations (I, for one, think the photos of his jewelry on his Instagram account are not as good as those posted here which helped to seal my decision). I was worried about working with a jeweller long distance and in another country no less! Yet, the process was seamless and effortless. David and Amy were so wonderful to work with and communications were prompt.

It took only 3 weeks from the time I emailed my wish list. I asked for an eternity ring that looks like the diamonds are floating—a tall order that’s for sure. I also asked about U-prongs since I read that they allow for maximum light and sparkles but I hadn’t seen many ovals set in u-prongs. David thought it was a beautiful idea so we went with that. And lastly, it has to be low profile and super comfortable with no prickly prongs otherwise I feared the ring may just sit unworn in the jewelry box.

Well, David not only delivered but also exceeded every expectations and I’m one picky customer. I really lucked out that he was able to source a parcel of D/E/F, VVS1-VS2 GIA certified oval diamonds.

8974429D-585D-45EC-8D76-0C6FE66D2509.jpeg

Just before I opened the box for the first time, I tried to tampered down my expectations. I told myself it might not be very sparkly, it might not be very white. Well, I was bubbling with happiness when I opened the box and saw it for the very first time. I couldn’t capture the brilliance and the twinkles with my lack of photo taking skills. But if I have to describe it, the diamonds look like happiness.

Here she is. 5.50 ct of sparkly, glittery loveliness consisting of 18 oval diamonds in platinum setting.

BA5A5707-19DA-4E12-BB97-A75C735F95DF.jpeg

EA85706B-919B-4A03-912C-92A46A9D51DB.jpeg

788D719A-8C2B-449C-8F9E-A7453D0BA2E3.jpeg

Here’s with the Love ring and my 10th anniversary ring that I wear daily:
2055A6B0-BD61-402E-B00F-0C4CFAE2C4C9.jpeg

Thank you for letting me share. And also thanks to those on the 2 weeks waiting thread that waited along with me. My journey would have felt so much longer without your commiseration and support. Hope you get yours soon. xoxo

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your 30th. Your new eternity band is breathtaking. It looks lovely with your other rings. DKJ did a wonderful job as, always. Enjoy and wear it in good health for many more years together.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness it's so lovely!!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
wow that's gorgeous! Love it! Congrats

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is stunning and looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations on your anniversary!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Both of your new rings are lovely but that DK ring is truly special! Enjoy wearing all your new sparklies!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Happy Anniversary!!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your 30th. Your new eternity band is breathtaking. It looks lovely with your other rings. DKJ did a wonderful job as, always. Enjoy and wear it in good health for many more years together.
Thank you so much, @rcjtraveler! I’m so lucky to have such wonderful DH.

Oh my goodness it's so lovely!!!
Thank you so much, @lovedogs! I’ve officially joined the DKJ fan club.

wow that's gorgeous! Love it! Congrats
Thanks you very much, @Sprinkles&Stones!

Wow, this is stunning and looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Thank you so much, @Kim N! I have no where to go as we’re in lock down but I’ll wear it on Zoom calls and start waving my hands around when I talk. Lol.

Both of your new rings are lovely but that DK ring is truly special! Enjoy wearing all your new sparklies!

Thanks very much, @adlgel! I doubt I’ll wear them all at once but it makes me feel so special wearing it around the house and certainly help lifts the mood after being coup up at home. Now I’m trying to dream up what new project I can do with DJK. Lol.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh how nice, congratulations on your annual & beautiful jewelry!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Beautiful!!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary and what a gorgeous ring to commemorate it!
Just wondering did you get married as toddlers ..haha....because your hands look far too youthful for someone celebrating their 30th Anniversary! Gorgeous ring and equally beautiful hands!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Anniversary. Your ring is beautiful!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! Fantastic way to celebrate a milestone. Happy anniversary!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So exquisite! And, seriously, the ring looks lovely on your young looking hands (I need to know what hand lotion you use)!:D

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much, @Polabowla, @tyty333, @donnabrsd, @alene! DKJ does beautiful work. I’ve never worked with any jeweller remotely before. Make this anniversary feels even more special. =)2

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Anniversary and what a gorgeous ring to commemorate it!
Just wondering did you get married as toddlers ..haha....because your hands look far too youthful for someone celebrating their 30th Anniversary! Gorgeous ring and equally beautiful hands!

Thank you so much, @Sparkles88. You’re too kind. I was only 10. Lol.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
So exquisite! And, seriously, the ring looks lovely on your young looking hands (I need to know what hand lotion you use)!:D

@lulu_ma, thank you so much! All the credit goes to DKJ. In a way I’m glad he’s all the way in California or I’ll be in his store every week! I‘ve been using Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream for almost 20 years. Worth every penny. :D

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! That is the Bailey band by CvB.

It’s gorgeous! I’ve been admiring his work. So detailed and delicate. May be next anniversary. :wink2:

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

@rcjtraveler, I love your bands. I was admiring them the other day when you unveiled your bracelet. May I ask who they’re from? I’m starting a new idea board.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
@rcjtraveler, I love your bands. I was admiring them the other day when you unveiled your bracelet. May I ask who they’re from? I’m starting a new idea board.

Thank you so much. They are from DKJ too. Many of my bands have been designed with them. David has been so wonderful to work with.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
This ring - and all of your pieces pictured above - is just FAB, @Fabfashion ! Absolutely fabulous...and Happy 30th to you both!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
DK is so easy to work with, your band is out of this world!!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. They are from DKJ too. Many of my bands have been designed with them. David has been so wonderful to work with.

Between your ring and bracelet stacks, you have given me lots of ideas. Enjoy them in good health!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
This ring - and all of your pieces pictured above - is just FAB, @Fabfashion ! Absolutely fabulous...and Happy 30th to you both!

Many thanks, @maita13! Can’t believe it’s been 30 years not counting the 3 years that we’d known each other before we got married. I count my blessing everyday.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the oval eternity band! so beautiful.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
So happy for you. Congratulations on your 30th anniversary and wonderful husband.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results