shape
carat
color
clarity

Flanders and Dream Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xsscx

Rough_Rock
I think I should change my name to going crazy. I have a few more questions that I hope someone can help me with. I have been searching for a flanders diamond. Last week I went and saw some Dream diamonds. The Dream diamonds I saw really performed better than any of the Flanders that I have seen. I don''t know if I just have not seen a really good Flanders. The Flanders I have seen, perform about as well as a radiant and I thought they should perform better. From what I can tell, please correct me if I am wrong, a Dream Diamond is a Flanders with AGS ideal round proportions. Ok, here are my questions:

1 Are there ideal proportations or for a Flanders diamond? If not what would be a good cut for a Flanders?

2 Should a Flanders be graded as a square or a round, since it is cut from the the same map as a round?

3 What are differences between a Dream diamond and a Flanders and which performs better?

4 Does the Dream diamond justify the price? I don''t mind paying up a little, but this seems really high.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I can't answer any pf your questions but, I think your post is bumpworthy. I'm interested in the answers.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I am interested too...flanders v. dream v. cushion v. old mine...

I posted a while back for help and didn't get any...

I have looked a few threads and lots of whining, and some help...

Hopefully we will get sone...

FYI thanks for the info I had not heard of 'dream' before and they make work for my setting...I am on Boston so I can look (I hope)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I've been trying to find a picture of a Dream's cut to compare it to the Flanders, but I haven't been able to.

I wonder, though, if the Dream is closer to the Regent--which also has a hearts pattern.

As for cushions, I don't know much about the performance of them, but I don't believe anyone chooses cushions for their light performance. As for OMCs, they were handmade and have an incomparable charm. I love the lumpy, uneven look, and the best give off nice colored light, especially in low light. However, there's no way their light performance could compete with any well-cut modern stone.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks hest

I found a picture of the 'dream' via google...made by hearts-a-fire...

I like the Old mines true the aren't as technically perfect as the modern...but some of them can be just spectacular...I am looking more for shape...and the OM, dream and cushion might work...I think there are some modern cushions out there...I just have to find them...

di

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
There are plenty of modern cushions there. In fact, there's also a newish company that specialized in cushions. I looked at them briefly when I was shopping for an OMC, but decided pretty quickly that I preferred the look of the antique diamond. It might work for you, though. http://www.cushette.com/index.asp

Have you seen the Regent? I'm not sure if it's cheaper than the Dream, but considering the price HoF charges for their diamonds it wouldn't surprise me. I haven't seen one in person, but it seems like a great compromise between a cushion and a Flander-ish stone.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent.htm

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info...I will look...an OMC might work for me...but I want to see my stones to be sure and they are hard to find to look at...I did see a nice3 cushion today..

thanks

diane

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results