shape
carat
color
clarity

Flame Red Spinel- Description and or Picture Needed, Thanks :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UkneekFreak

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am scheduled to meet with a jeweler to have a custom engagement ring made with a 1.59 flame red spinel (antique cushion cut) as the center stone with two small baguette side stones (0.33 carats total) in the ring. I am a big fan of red, and would like a red-red spinel stone. Can anyone describe what color a flame red spinel stone would be or provide me with a picture? I have the appointment at the end of this week, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
P.S. Sorry for posting this twice, I forgot to put red for a flame red spinel in the subject line, and thought people might mistake my question for an orange spinel and not a red one. I am looking for info. and pics on a flame red spinel. Thanks again. :)

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi...

Here''s a picture of a stone at Cherrypicked. I think it is the slight undertone of orange, which shows up in certain light or if viewed from certain angles, that makes a stone "flame red"....rather than just red.

widget

1645lg.jpg

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This orangy-red 3.44 carat oval is a flame spinel. These wonderful stones are very striking and desirable, especially if they are accepted as spinels and not rubies. The way I see it, if one must have ruby color, buy a ruby -- glass filling, heat treatments and all. This rare stone is completely natural, unheated, unoiled and classically beautiful.

Richard M.

3.44 Flame Spinel 1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2005 2:2:1 AM
Author: Richard M.
This orangy-red 3.44 carat oval is a flame spinel
Richard, is this part of the new Tucson crop ?
20.gif

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Ana,

That stone was recently sold. I posted it as a great example of flame spinel. I have new goodies from Tucson I''ll be posting from time to time and there are new red spinels in the pipeline. Here''s a very nice new 1.45 ct. Burmese spinel. The image color is quite accurate on my screen.

Richard M.

Burmese 1.45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results