shape
carat
color
clarity

Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 7:17:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 2/7/2009 5:34:52 PM

Author: beebrisk

I never said you said it was ''okay'' and I never made an assumption about your feelings.

The point of my post was this: If that doctor had made it to the exam room on time, no one would have ever heard about this abortion. If the doctor had performed the abortion as planned, there would still be a death of a 23 week old fetus under horrific conditions. The act that caused the death would have been different, but it would have been a ugly death no less. Would anyone however be as ''disgusted'' or horrified by it?

You may say that a 24 week abortion is not right, that it''s inhumane and you would be right. However, it is legal. And despite what some have said here, there are PLENTY of so-called good and ''ethical'' doctors who perform the procedure.

In my state of NY, you can walk into a Planned Parenthood center and abort a 22 week old fetus. In states like Arizona, Planned Parenthood clinics will perform one at 24 weeks. Is Planned Parenthood considered unethical by pro-choice people? If so, I''ve never heard THAT argument! If 23 or 24 weeks is ''sick'', where DO you draw the line? 20 weeks? 19 weeks? When? This is something rarely heard by the Pro-Choice crowd. ''Keeping it safe and legal'' is pretty much the standard line. Any honest discussion of abortion by a Pro Choice group or individual would have to include the REALITY of what happens when a 20-something week old life is the victim of a D&E since it is available, legally, every day.

That said, I am against abortion at any stage and don''t have any interest in arguing ''viability'' since it'' irrelevant to me. But I''d like to hear an organization like Planned Parenthood (undoubtedly the most influential voice in the Pro-Choice movement) discuss the REAL facts about what they are doing, how they are doing it and let the world see it first hand. I have to believe many more people would suddenly be ''disgusted'' by the whole thing.

Bee, try as I might to stay out of these threads, I can''t in good conscience always ignore them and let you and a couple of others defend the right to life alone. But I just want you to know that whether I post or not, I really appreciate your steadfastness on this topic. Abortion is horrific, and truly, we need more reality like this to wake us up from this surreal acceptance of something so horrible. Reminds me of the Germans who ignored the Holocaust, seriously.

I don''t want to start anything...but comparing those of us who are pro-choice to the Germans who ignored the Holocaust is a low blow. There is a difference between wanting people to have safe abortions, as opposed to dangerous back-alley abortions, and those who ignore the systematic genocide of millions of people. Just because we are pro-choice does not mean we rejoice in the killing of fetuses...it simply means we prefer a woman to have the ability to make a safe choice.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
How terrible.

That poor girl...only 18. She must be going though hell. And as for the infant; I have no words.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results