shape
carat
color
clarity

FL effects - decision help Round 0.94 v. 0.95

BMoray

Rough_Rock
I've got two stones Round Brilliant.

Stone 1: .94carat, E, VS1, Cut Grade Excellent... clarity- crystal, indented natural. Polish - excellent, symmetry - Excellent. FL - none

Stone 2: .95carat, E, VVS2, Cut Grade Very Good...clarity-cloud, pinpoint. Polish - excellent, symmetry - Excellent. FL - strong blue

The strong blue fluorescence is the kicker for me. If it just glows in sunlight, I'm ok - can VVS2 have an oily look that sometimes occurs with stones that are highly FL?

Thoughts on a decision? How much should FL weigh in on a diamond of this quality. Looking for help and sage advice.

Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other numbers? Or just post cropped proportion diagrams from the reports, or post GIA/AGS report numbers and exact carat weights. Also any other pics/info/scans vendor provides.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Yssie said, we'd need a lot more infomation to determine if either stone is worth buying. But if I had to choose with the information provided only, I'd choose the first one, because excellent cut is where I'd begin to narrow things down. (But all "excellents" are not created equal...and why we need more info!)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1306537589|2932041 said:
As Yssie said, we'd need a lot more infomation to determine if either stone is worth buying. But if I had to choose with the information provided only, I'd choose the first one, because excellent cut is where I'd begin to narrow things down. (But all "excellents" are not created equal...and why we need more info!)

Ditto this.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1306535608|2932016 said:
Other numbers? Or just post cropped proportion diagrams from the reports, or post GIA/AGS report numbers and exact carat weights. Also any other pics/info/scans vendor provides.

agree, it's impossible to tell the quality of the stone and it's light performance from the stats provided. As it stands, the .94 is better cut, no FL .. size difference is minial- and the clarity is so high for both there wont be a visual difference. If the cut grades listed are true to what they say- and the .94 is excellent cut and the .95 is very good- my choice would be the .94 for this reason- 1. better quality cut

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results