shape
carat
color
clarity

Five weeks away and I don''t like anything! Vent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I know I am just being irrational but I was awake at 4 this morning with lots of negative thoughts going through my mind and it is driving me crazy.

I am sure every other bride has this but of course at 4 in the morning you feel like you are very much alone.

Bascially pretty much everything; dress, rings, shoes, tiara, is different to how I first imagined they would be when I started planning two years ago. I am also feeling very angry at myself for not having lost the weight I wanted to lose and I feel like that is forcing me to compromise on the dress, rather than ending up with the dress of my dreams. I have had two years to get this sorted for goodness sake and I haven''t. My dress is being custom made and I can still make changes to that as the skirt part still only exists in calico form. My shoes are nice, but not amazing, but I went for comfort over glamour. My tiara has been custom made to fit with the dress, but is smaller and less sparkly than I thought it would be ( having the hair trial tomorrow so should have a better idea then). We collected our wedding rings on Saturday and I have ended up with something different to the diamond shared prong band I wanted in the beginning. I thought I loved my make up trial, but now think I will look like a transvetite. To cap it all I have a double chin large enough for a family to live in.

I know I need to lighten up and accept everything for what it is and enjoy the day and be happy to be marrying the man I love so much so how do I do that? The problem is this is my second marriage and I definitely don''t plan to do it again. Anyone else feel like this at all? Please help calm me down

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It''s really hard when you start second guessing yourself. Just take a deep breath and remind yourself over and over that you''re going to have a wonderful day and you''re going to be so happy with how things turned out.

Also, remember that nobody attending your wedding knows that your dress is different than what you wanted or that your tiara is less blingy. To them, you''ll just be beautiful. So try to see it from their point of view!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
This is perfectly normal... as long as you don''t start doubting your choice for a groom!
28.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I hear you on the weight thing Samantha! I''m having the same thoughts myself. The other things you can change-if you want a more blingy tiara, then get it. You don''t have to go with one that was made for your dress. Same with the shoes, howabout getting a glamorous pair that you can wear for the ceremony and then change into comfy ones for the dancing. You can always get the wedding band as an engagement band in a few years. Plus I''m sure you''ll be a beautiful bride!!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
thank you all for your wonderful support; I know I will look my best if I am smiling and happy so I have to concentrate on that. Going to see my wedding dress makers on Saturday to further discuss what I want so that should help the situation

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:36:59 AM
Author: tlh
This is perfectly normal... as long as you don''t start doubting your choice for a groom!
28.gif
True that!

It must be hard, as women we second guess EVERYTHING, don''t we? Sometimes I wish I could step back and take a lesson from the men. Just dream of sports and cars and Scarlet Johanssen or something and not give a damn!

I''m sure you will look beautiful regardless of whether everything turns out as you had pictured, and I''m sure your husband will think so too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results