shape
carat
color
clarity

Five stone HoF

Jeff0093

Rough_Rock
hello, I checked out two HoF five stone rings this past weekend, 1.25 and a 1.5. I honestly think the 1.25 might look better on her finger. I have a good relationship with my dealer and I could get a decent discount, but even with my discount could I get a better deal online? I would be looking at the Plat. setting with the better color stones. One of the rings was in white gold and the color difference in the stones really stood out to me.

scepture

Rough_Rock
The HoF stones will have a cut 'premium' to them for their name, so you will pay for that regardless of what size it is. Do you have any additional details about what you may be looking for (color, minimum acceptable clarity level to you)? If you can give some guidelines we can help you try to find some other options for you to look at.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to say without having the details and pricing of the stone that you looked at to say if you could get a better deal online. That said, I've almost always found that online deals are better than retail, especially when you're dealing with a branded stone.

Jeff0093

Rough_Rock
Here is the range from HoF

Color range: G-H
Clarity Range: VS-SI
the HoF do look nice in person.

Jeff0093

Rough_Rock
Yes I know it's a branded ring, but the setting is very nice and the stones do look great. Retail on the 1.25 5 stone is $8,900 plat. Setting. what I'm trying to figure out is if the premiums worth it even after a decent discount? iI it's only $1k over then I'll just get the HoF, but if it's over $2.5K. then I would seriously have to think it over.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I own several pieces of Hearts on Fire jewelry. The diamonds are gorgeous and the settings are very well made. However there are online jewelers who also offer ideal cut diamonds in quality settings at much lower prices. I have a diamond bracelet and pendant from Whiteflash containing their A Cut Above stones and a new 5-stone ring from Blue Nile containing their Signature stones. They compare very favorably to my HOF pieces and were much less expensive. There is nothing wrong with getting a ring from Hearts on Fire, but you should at least be aware that you do have other options.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

1. Yes, HOF are really nice stones. You might be able to equal them with a few other dealer's signature lines. Have a peak at the pricescope vendors and their signature hearts and arrows stones.

2. HOF is branded. Which means you pay a premium. Some of the online vendors are really brick and motar stores with a website, but because they are competing online - they have tweaked their prices down slightly to remain competitive. So do some comparisons and see if the discount is worth it to you. Generally, with a few exceptions, the online sources tend to be cheaper.

3. 5 HOF stones? Argh. You are really socially inconsiderate. Don't you know you'll blind everyone who walks past your SO? :tongue:

Jeff0093

Rough_Rock
Maybe this will help!

If you had $6k to spend for a 5 stone ring plat. Setting 1.25 to 1.40 what would you purchase? Looting for a perfect cut first.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Agreed - you can even go up in ct to hit the top of your budget. :twisted:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can def. get stones or very close quality or same for a lot less through one of the PS vendors but it's up to you if you want the branded HoF.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I've been in your shoes trying to choose between HoF and WF (or if I were choosing now, I would be choosing between HoF and BGD- which didn't exist when I was originally shopping). I was torn between buying a 0.25 carat 5-stone wedding band from a B&M that was HoF and the identical ring from WF. I ordered the WF and it was just as gorgoeus as the HoF. The cut quality of the ACAs is exquisite (as is the cut quality of BGD diamonds). I personally prefer the BGD settings to the WF settings which is one of the reasons I would choose BGD over WF now. I didn't end up getting either ring in the because of cuts to our jewelry budget for our wedding but having seen both in person I can heartily recommend saving some cash and going with an online jeweler with ideal cut stones.

Jeff0093

Rough_Rock
Thanks Clairite and others for your help the pricing difference is more like $2,500 for the HoF over the WF. I do like Brians settings also. I'm not sure what to do. Again I have a good relationship with my local dealer and I'm not paying retail on the HoF, I guess I need to know where is the point that you would pay a premium for the HoF. If I saved the money I would put the extra toward larger Studs for her. I wouldn't be buying large stud from HoF because I think the prices on the studs are crazy.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Jeff0093|1312309305|2982441 said:
Thanks Clairite and others for your help the pricing difference is more like $2,500 for the HoF over the WF. I do like Brians settings also. I'm not sure what to do. Again I have a good relationship with my local dealer and I'm not paying retail on the HoF, I guess I need to know where is the point that you would pay a premium for the HoF. If I saved the money I would put the extra toward larger Studs for her. I wouldn't be buying large stud from HoF because I think the prices on the studs are crazy.

If the deal is good and you value the benefits of the close relationship with the local dealer, then I'd go with the HoF. If you're strictly looking to get the best value (just as good of a product/service at a lower price), then Brian is the way to go.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff0093|1312309305|2982441 said:
$2500 bucks should buy you a nice spare .60 ct... ;))

noobiediamond

Rough_Rock
My cutoff would a $300- $400 for a very similar product based on your dealer experience. Remember to consider sales tax. My $0.02

Jeff0093

Rough_Rock
Thanks Dancing fire

so your a Lange one guy. I'm a watch collector and a big German fan. I know a lot about watches but this diamond thing is throwing me off. Anyway we can talk off line or set- up PM sorry new to this site not sure how.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results