shape
carat
color
clarity

Five Stone Dilema

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I've decided that I would like a 5 stone to help celebrate my 20th anniversary. Now that anniversary is in 3 years (yay for planning ahead!), so I have time, however....I have priced out a five stone at my local bench (and have looked at the typical PS vendors) and the range is in the 4k. Saving about $100 each month will get me close and hubbs would have to fork over the rest.

Here's the issue:
I want 1.5 tcw, but I'm not sure how realistic that is given inflation and going fwd 3 years.

So today I found a 5 stone today at a pawn shop. The diamonds look clear, a bit tinted (but it's all yellow gold, so I think they are picking up some of that tint)...Here's a picture: yellow_five.jpg And it's $1620 after taxes and the weight is 1.58. I'm debating on trying to convince hubs to go for it or just pass it by. Here are my concerns: The tint of the diamonds, they are pretty clear (I'd like to look at them through a loop), and against a white paper to see for sure. I want the carat weight. The band is wide, which is what I want....thoughts? I know the picture is bad (ugh for a cell phone picture)....

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO the stones are too tinted. I think you should hold out for a better deal. With your 1600, you can find a better deal on eBay.

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
I agree to look on ebay! You can find great deals on there and even if the setting isn't that great you can have it reset and it shouldn't cost too much.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sigh. Thanks guys. While I don't like the answer, it is what I needed. :D Thank you for your honesty. ;-) Now, surfing I saw David Klass and his work. Really nice settings. :D I'll keep saving; and saving and saving....

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
David Klass reset my 5 stone I found on ebay ;-)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks :D So to start a search on ebay for 1.5ctw.... :D Or troll Jewels by Grace..... :) Sigh, back to the saving game. Too bad the saving game isn't as fun as the spending game.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Cozy, I would wait and get what you really want unless you find an amazing eBay deal. I know you are patient (because you have the patience to try patterns until you get the right one plus sew yourself a whole new wardrobe! :clap: ) so I think you would do fine with taking your time to get the perfect ring. Anyway, you may stumble across something you like even better while you are saving up! :wavey:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1443925587|3934642 said:
Cozy, I would wait and get what you really want unless you find an amazing eBay deal. I know you are patient (because you have the patience to try patterns until you get the right one plus sew yourself a whole new wardrobe! :clap: ) so I think you would do fine with taking your time to get the perfect ring. Anyway, you may stumble across something you like even better while you are saving up! :wavey:

Stomp, stomp, stomp....but I still want my ring now! LOL :) :wall: Must save, must save, must save, must save oh super pretty shiny things :lickout: saving, saving, saving.... lol :D Thank you again. Oh on the sewing front: The pants were big :angryfire: so I had to take them in...what a PITA! :wall: :wall: :wall: :angryfire: need to take them in again....sigh...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results