shape
carat
color
clarity

Fishtail Prong Setting - Wedding Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone - I am THINKING of going with a vintage style setting (the fishtail solitaire from Excel Diamonds) Sorry, still haven''t figured out how to imbed a link but here it is: http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Rings-11/Antique-4-Prong-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-ER4-643.html

Am wondering what style of wedding band to get? Since the ring is a solitaire, I think I might like an eternity band (to add more "bling") but haven''t seen any modern style ones that I feel go with the vibe of the vintage style e-ring setting. I found two that I think may be contenders, wondering what everyone thinks? (will post those after this one) Thanks for any and all input!

- Jodie -

e-ring setting - fishtail prongs1.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Here is the first contender (from Marlene Harris Collection - they have lots of vintage and repro settings) I think this one is nice because the lines of the solitaire are so square and hard, and this takes that but softens it a bit while still referencing it I think...... (if you look at a side view of the e-ring, there are "points" at the bottom of the head that are reminiscent of the "s" shapes on this ring)

e-ring - eternity band swirls diamonds1.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
..... second contender that I found...... I think this one looks more like the e-ring (the vertical shapes between each "marquise" shape kind of reminds me of the fishtail prongs......) Also from Marlene Harris Collection........

Anyone have anything else they think would work? Does anyone have this setting? (the e-ring?)

e-ring - eternity band marquis1.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
..... side view of the 2nd eternity ring...... (showing the vertical lines)........

e-ring - eternity band marquis2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2nd one. I like the look of the second one but the uniqueness of the first one. So, it depends what
you''re looking for. I''ve never seen one like the second one before.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, that''s pretty much where I stand on them too LOL (they both have things I like about them.) If I go with that setting, I think I''m going to have to have the ring first before deciding on a wedding band. If the head sticks out to the side past the shank, a band might not sit totally flush so the wider one (s shape) would be out.......

Gosh, the more I look around the more settings I LIKE (therefore adding to my confusion) It''s driving me batty! I have eclectic tastes so nothing is really out of bounds for me (except for very modern)......

- Jodie -

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Coati - those are great (love the first two or three especially) Yet ANOTHER site to pore over (or is it pour over????)

I just noticed this one on Marlene Harris too - I think it might be the most perfect match of all..... I think the lines of the unaccented parts (the solid lines between the diamonds) look a lot like the prongs.....

http://www.marleneharriscol.com/categories/StackableWeddingBands/WB1495.html

Thanks for your help - can''t WAIT to get this all done and over with!!!! (and on my finger!)

- Jodie -

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love that VC one. I also just love fishtail prongs! Does anyone have a link to circe''s set? She has gorgeous fishtail prongs too and just got a really pretty band to stack with it.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:36:00 PM
Author: mausketeer
Thanks Coati - those are great (love the first two or three especially) Yet ANOTHER site to pore over (or is it pour over????)

I just noticed this one on Marlene Harris too - I think it might be the most perfect match of all..... I think the lines of the unaccented parts (the solid lines between the diamonds) look a lot like the prongs.....

http://www.marleneharriscol.com/categories/StackableWeddingBands/WB1495.html

Thanks for your help - can''t WAIT to get this all done and over with!!!! (and on my finger!)

- Jodie -
Oh I love that band!!! I think it would be FABULOUS with the fishtail prongs!
36.gif

And Coati - Holy Moly lady - I think you have started my new obsession with this ring!!! WANT!!!!!!!
40.gif
9.gif

http://www.clay-pot.com/cpw_detail_CPW5909__CPWWOMEN__constance_gildea_vine_wedding_band.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results