shape
carat
color
clarity

Fish Eye

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jess

Rough_Rock
Hi! My boyfriend, with my help, is in search of "the perfect stone." Last week he came across one that seems pretty good to me. Although it is EGL certified (gotta make sure NY) and we only used crown and pavilion % instead of angles (i know, i know, not as accurate), it scored well on HCA, given what we had. The only thing is that there was a message that said if it was tilted a little it would display fish eye. Now, I have read up on fish eye and I know that HCA will give you a "do not buy" message if it is really bad, but I wanted to know everyone's opinion of this. The other thing was, they didn't have a Sarin report to send us on this stone. Does that mean there is no way to get one if they don't have it in stock? Is that something that the wholesalers do?

Thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. Because you are using % it is very likely the P angle is a little deeper, and this would reduce the fish eye effect.
2. If the girdle is not thick, and it is faceted, then the fisheye can be very difficult to see anyway.
3. It probably has a good spread, so there may be a + pay off.

Have it sent to Dave Atlas or look up an appraiser from the links on the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results