shape
carat
color
clarity

First timer, looking for 2, to 2.5ct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jhserb

Rough_Rock
hello all!! I need some help from people that KNOW diamonds. I am looking for somthing no less than a 2ct/2.5ct.., i would say between a D and a H color (preferably G), and no worse than an si2. And must be certified!!!! I am here to ask people the simple questions. Whats the price range im in, anyone know of the BEST places to buy this diamond?! Anyone have a sugestion on what i should pay??? (i go to NYC quite often and i know they have a diamond district, does anyone know about this place and/or if the have quality stones?!?!?!) Please help me folks this is serious stuff and im ready to buy!
32.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Use this tool search and you will find some good diamonds.
https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx

Then post your choosing for us to help you.

Also, you can get an I or J which is well cut and it will look gorgeous!!! just a thought since cut makes a diamond look whiter in the I J range

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi jhserb and WELCOME to Pricescope!
35.gif

Congratulations! Glad you have found your special lady and are ready to make a commitment! We would be happy to help you!

Ellen has posted some great options. It''s important to understand how color sensitive your fiancee-to-be is. A G is a great value and they are usually very white stones. Do you have any idea what you want to spend, diamond and setting?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2007 1:52:59 PM
Author: Ellen
Need to ask if eyeclean on this one.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-70266.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-70716.htm#

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1108/

Any of those would be beautiful. Reputable vendors also, bought from both.
I love these choices and have also bought diamonds from both Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash. They are both terrific! If you do want to visit one in person, though, Good Old Gold is in the Long Island area and well worth a visit. Make an appointment and tell them what you are looking for, and they will have a selection for you to look at.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 1:25:43 PM
Author:jhserb
hello all!! I need some help from people that KNOW diamonds. I am looking for somthing no less than a 2ct/2.5ct.., i would say between a D and a H color (preferably G), and no worse than an si2. And must be certified!!!! I am here to ask people the simple questions. Whats the price range im in, anyone know of the BEST places to buy this diamond?! Anyone have a sugestion on what i should pay??? (i go to NYC quite often and i know they have a diamond district, does anyone know about this place and/or if the have quality stones?!?!?!) Please help me folks this is serious stuff and im ready to buy!
32.gif
especially in a 2 - 2.50 range there is a HUGE range in possible price between various colors and clarities. Using the online website searches can give a good background for the various possibilities and give you a sense of how much a particular size with a given color and clarity can be expected to fetch.

as a generality, assuming you''re buying a ROUND you''ll find a large price jump when going to the VS categories of clarity and a large price jump in going to the F or higher category of color. Also in large sizes such as yours often every additional .01 of a carat size can add about $150 - $250 to the price as well.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
If you''re considering such a broad range like that.... 2.0-2.5ct, SI2+, D-H..... I''d really recommend staying closer to the 2 carat, SI1-VS2, G-H range for best quality and affordability.

Just my 2c :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It might help if you set a possible budget because the differences between an H/SI2 2.00 and a G 2.5 VS2 are quite large and can be several thousands of dollars.

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
which one will be worth more in % gain say in 10 years when you try to resell it.

2.05 D VVS2

2.05 F Vs1

or

2.15 G - H VS?

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 8:11:58 PM
Author: ezwinner701
which one will be worth more in % gain say in 10 years when you try to resell it.

2.05 D VVS2

2.05 F Vs1

or

2.15 G - H VS?
of course impossible to say for certain, but if i'm not mistaken the high-color high-clarity stones have the most consistent ROI. i.e. the D VVS2

keep in mind though you don't necessarily sell your diamond later at the price you bought it at, especially if you're trying to sell it back to a dealer/jeweler.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t even think about what you could resell it for later, because you often lose money reselling since you buy at retail and sell at less than retail. The smart thing to do in the event you think you want to upgrade the diamond later is to buy from a vendor who allows 100% of the price you pay for this diamond toward the cost of the new diamond.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
diamonds are not a profit making investment, unless you buy them secondhand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results