shape
carat
color
clarity

First Timer. Help me find the (0.8 - 1 ct)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

csriram45

Rough_Rock
Hello,

This is my first time shopping for a ring. I am looking at a ring that is close to 1 carat but can live with something smaller if the price for the stone is great.

I do want a diamond that is eye clean with lot of sparkle

My girl likes princess cut and would love to get some suggestions. After reading here I believe I should be looking at a Very Good Cut.
I am not sure at this size what color should I be looking at. Is something at "H" be good enough? What about clarity? Is VS2 is the lowest I should go?

Also is AGS certification the best way to go for is GIA certifcate diamond considered good too? I realize that a GIA diamond is less expensive than AGS but I want to make sure that I get a diamond which is eye clean with sparkle.

Any suggestions are welcome and if I have missed anything please let me know
Thanks

PS: My budget is under 5K if possible with setting

E B

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, csriram45!

What is your budget for the stone?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H and SI1 are common breakoff points for whiteness and eye-cleanliness, although everyone is different.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ll find many opinions on color and clarity, but I personally like H VS2. I have heard that it is not as easy to go lower in color on princess stones since they show more color than an ideal cut round.

You''d want to look for AGS0 princess cut stones. That is your best assurance of getting a great one! There would be equivalent GIA stones, but it will require more effort on your part to learn all the correct proportions. AGS0 just takes all the work out of it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one, to give you an idea. Couldn''t find much in your size range. Just want to ask, does your gal realize they face up smaller than a round would of the same ct. weight? Just a heads up!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2789/

E B

Ideal_Rock
I almost posted that one too, Ellen! Great find. I think that'd be a wonderful stone and it looks like it's a very eye-clean SI1.

csriram45

Rough_Rock
Thank you for such quick responses. My budget is under 5K if possible with setting. I have talked to her many times about the shape about how I read that Round are more sought after and gives better brilliance. She did say she wil think more about it. I like that one that has been posted and the price range seems good too. Ideally if I can hit the 1 ct mark I am sure she would be thrilled but the price is definitely and important factor but it depends on how much more would the 1ct cost over slightly under.

I would be willing to consider Round diamonds as well because I think eventually she would love it if the brilliance and size is great.... so please continue your suggestions.....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What you might do, is take her to see some well cut Princess and compare them to rounds of the same size, just so she totally gets the picture. Call wherever you''re going looking to make sure the have AGS graded Princess though.
28.gif

csriram45

Rough_Rock
What do you guys about the above mentioned diamond?
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/51608.html

Also, I see that I can reach the magic 1.0 Ct mark if I am willing to accept GIA diamonds? How much of a difference it is? It would be great to a good one but dont want to end up getting something really not that great...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Needs to be called in before anyone can say anything.

The problem is that the vendors who specialize in premium diamonds and post Sarin, Ideal Scope, ASET, and other interesting information have decided to carry mostly AGS stones; the GIA princess is uncommon on their sites. It is welcome to most shoppers, but does carry a price premium.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results