shape
carat
color
clarity

First-time Searching for Diamonds

mangodaiquiri

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on PS for a little while and finally decided to make an account, now that I've started my diamond search for real. The BF and I talked and decided we'd like to get engaged within 1.5-2 yrs after we started dating, but we've started the ring acquisition process a little early so we can have it in the house. That way, I get lots of input on the design and can help contribute financially, but he still gets to surprise me on the exact when and where like he wants :lol:

I like the cushion look and have pretty much narrowed down my choice to a PoH, H&A square cushion, or regular cushion (please let me know if there's a more official sounding name for that last one). I'm still a little unclear on the difference between a regular (unbranded?) cushion and an August vintage cushion. I've watched a lot of the GoG videos and decided I prefer soft square-shaped stones with more of the "chunky" flashes rather than the crushed ice look. Optics / cut is the most important quality for me in a rock. I also am a petite girl with slender hands, so I prefer a little bit smaller diamonds (like 0.5-1 ct) to get more of a dainty rather than a bling-bling look, although I'm getting the sense that might make me a lil' odd :lol: I'm not sure if the nicer cuts are really feasible with a smaller stone, since I've had more trouble finding ideal cuts or branded cuts under 1 ct. Budget is ideally < $2.5k for the loose diamond, which I hope is realistic for what I want. Any input would be fantastic!

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results