shape
carat
color
clarity

First time princess cut buyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
Hey guys--thanks in advance for anything you can help me with!

My gf is fairly certain she wants a princess cut. I''m looking to spend no more than $4k on the diamond. I know that I want one of the best possible cuts. Other than that, i''m not sure (I don''t want it to be a terrible stone, but also not looking for the very best). Something around 1 carat would be ideal. I have checked otu james allen, adiamor, and whiteflash. Do JA and Adiamor provide idealscopes? I know whiteflash does, but it seems that they only provide them on their 5 star stones (which i don''t see any that are within my price range). I''m also unsure of a good table & depth %--so if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

Thanks!

Aaron

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 1:13:10 PM
Author:AronDizzle
Hey guys--thanks in advance for anything you can help me with!

My gf is fairly certain she wants a princess cut. I'm looking to spend no more than $4k on the diamond. I know that I want one of the best possible cuts. Other than that, i'm not sure (I don't want it to be a terrible stone, but also not looking for the very best). Something around 1 carat would be ideal. I have checked otu james allen, adiamor, and whiteflash. Do JA and Adiamor provide idealscopes? I know whiteflash does, but it seems that they only provide them on their 5 star stones (which i don't see any that are within my price range). I'm also unsure of a good table & depth %--so if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

Thanks!

Aaron
Hi Aaron and welcome!

Princess can't be judged by the numbers as you may be aware, so what I would suggest you do as you know you want the best cut quality, is to check out these vendors initially as these will provide ASET, Idealscope and detailed photos to help you choose. There really isn't a ' recipe' you can follow unfortunately such as depth, table etc that will give you a well cut Princess, it is more complicated than that, hence the value of a trusted vendor with in house diamonds, and all the info you would want to help you choose. Also AGS0 cut grade Princess are considered to be diamonds of excellent cut quality so you can certainly look at these and see which you like best going by vendor guidance and images, but there can be well cut Princess with GIA reports too that some vendors have hand selected which could be an option, so when speaking to your chosen vendor make sure they know that cut quality is a top priority for you.

www.highperformancediamonds.com stock branded Infinity which are also AGS0 Princess and other diamonds.

www.goodoldgold.com supply AGS0 cut grade Princess and some hand selected GIA of excellent cut quality.

www.whiteflash.com supply branded A Cut Above Princess and also clipped corner X Factor, these are AGS0 cut grade and some hand picked GIA.

www.exceldiamonds.com also AGS0 and in house GIA to the best of my knowledge.

I would suggest looking at GIA/AGS graded G or H colour to help the budget, I and J can also help the cost and still look white in a well cut diamond, and SI clarities which have been verified eyeclean to your standards by the vendor you are working with. If the cut is great and the diamond eyeclean then you will have a beautiful diamond without the extra expense of a colourless diamond of higher clarity. Also with a top cut diamond, maybe consider dropping under a carat slightly as you probably wouldn't notice much if any difference between the size of a well cut Princess of around .90+ carats especially if well cut, and a full carat rock.

Here is are examples of what you could get for the budget. With SI clarities make sure they are eyeclean to your standards by checking with the vendor.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=449

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5003/

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-1231736.htm#

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results