shape
carat
color
clarity

first time poster...need opinion on this stone

blanche277

Rough_Rock
what do you guys think about this stone... it's an 2 ct,I VS2 stone, here are the specs:
Width: 8.08mm
Length: 8.08mm
Depth: 4.99mm
Table Percentage: 57.54%
Depth Percentage: 61.68%
Crown ∠: 34.76°
Crown Depth: 14.76%
Pavilion ∠: 40.87°
Pavilion Depth: 43.27%

i'm not sure how color sensitive i am, how is an I color, does it face up pretty white? THANKS for your help! :D

idealscope.jpg

Hearts.jpg

Arrows.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS looks nice. Need larger images of hearts and arrows.

I color, you might notice at that size, personal sensitivity.

blanche277

Rough_Rock
bigger images...

Hearts.jpg

Arrows.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a beautiful stone! You may want to go see an ideal cut I in person just so you can see how you feel about the color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

Ditto - colour depends on your preferences. I had a 2ct I set in platinum and it was white enough for my tastes, though the setting was pretty busy - didn't let you see open expanse of tinted pavilion.

Setting can push viewers to focus on one thing or another, you can use that to your benefit, if you don't like to see the tint - a busier setting, or one that has crossbars to break up the pavilion view, will prevent people from focusing on the diamond from any view but face-up - they'll be too busy admiring the details on the setting, and a well-cut I will be *white* face-up by any metric. A super simple setting that lets the diamond shine also leaves the door open for you or others to note the body colour of the stone.

blanche277

Rough_Rock
thanks for everyone's help! and great tip yssie!

how does this stone compare to the one posted above:

Depth: 61.5%
Table: 55.7%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 8.08*8.14*4.98
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.30
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.90

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1307972.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

i know the hearts & arrows image isn't the best on this diamond, but it's almost 2K cheaper...now sure how much the heart & arrows pattern affects the performance of the diamond ( my apologies if this is a silly question, i'm a beginner!)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Idealscope looks nice, hearts image is not there. Maybe talk to JA to see if they will sell it as a non-H&A.

blanche277

Rough_Rock
do i need an H&A pattern for the best light performance? and without it, will i be able to see the body warmth of an I more?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blanche277|1308931296|2954034 said:
do i need an H&A pattern for the best light performance? and without it, will i be able to see the body warmth of an I more?

No, this is still a very well cut stone...the H&A may be just off a tad.

This is from the H&A tutorial:

Diamonds with H&A patterns are frequently among those with top performance. However there is no proof yet that the absence of H&A optical symmetry (or any other type of pattern) means that a diamond will have lesser performance, as it’s the overall geometry of a diamond that determines its light performance. It is possible to produce H&A diamonds with inferior performance and some experts suggest diamonds over 10ct should probably not be cut to show H&A’s patterns.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
blanche277|1308931296|2954034 said:
do i need an H&A pattern for the best light performance?

there is some ongoing debate about whether or not H&A will have crisper scintillation than non H&A. the idealscope image looks good and it is an AGS0 so I don't see any problems as far as light return. whether or not you want H&A is a different question though.

and without it, will i be able to see the body warmth of an I more?

no, H&A vs non H&A should have no effect on perception of color

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Heres a thread that will give you an idea of how OTHER people feel about their warmer colored diamonds

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/for-those-of-you-with-warmer-colored-diamonds.161915/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/for-those-of-you-with-warmer-colored-diamonds.161915/[/URL]

It really is about personal preference as you'll easily tell by the thread, and if you aren't color sensitive its a wonderful way to save a bundle. IMO an H colored stone offers a great value and most people have a very difficult time discerning D E F's. I found it extremely difficult to tell the difference seeing them side by side upside down on a white background. For you though, it may be much easier. Good Old Gold has a great video about color.

http://www.vimeo.com/3288695

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results