shape
carat
color
clarity

First time buyer - please let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
I just bought a ring through diamondsonweb.com but yet to complete sale. I am very happy with the way I was treated and I do believe that I got a better deal than if I went to 47th Street or Canal since I had the time to review many different stones in the price range I was looking for.

But now that it is done, I want to make sure I am getting a quality diamond. They are calling it a "Signature Diamond" due to the cut and brilliance. It''s a 1.16 Emerald Diamond, g color, vvs2. I also purchased a platinum setting with .42 ct side diamonds (2 round and 2 baguette on each side)...5684 for diamond and 1070 for setting....setting is 3.5 mm wide and 950 platinum.

Could someone take a look at the GIA #14278494 and put me at ease or advice before I have them send it.

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
even if someone here could look up the gia number, it would not be helpful. numbers on a paper cannot determine what you think looks nice in a diamond. emerald cuts are especially tough because the patterns are so distinct and the facet pattern is so important. neither of which can be determined without seeing the diamond. i''m sure you''ll be perfectly happy with it. .... but hopefully they have a great return policy ....just in case.
2.gif

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the post. Yes, I understand I was just axious that I wasnt'' going to have to use their return policy, which is a liberal 30 days.

Here is a synopsis of the diamond...I was concerned about the table being 74 but then I have read that it is not too high for an emerald cut with these specs.

Are the measurements good and will this stone have good fire?

Grading Lab: GIA
Measurement: 7.34 - 5.14 x 3.41
Carat weight: 1.16
Cut*: Signature Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
L/W Ratio: 1.43
Depth%: 66.3%
Table%: 74%
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
post pictures

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
There is no picture available...only the stats from DOW which I posted earlier and the GIA report. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results