shape
carat
color
clarity

First time buyer looking for quick check

DMK_Dan

Rough_Rock

I love this one!

Thanks for sharing, I'll be calling to ask questions. My only concern is the shipping to Canada as their price is steep and must be bank wired (I'd have to set up for this as I had planned to use credit to keep it a secret as my larger account is joined)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing, I'll be calling to ask questions. My only concern is the shipping to Canada as their price is steep and must be bank wired (I'd have to set up for this as I had planned to use credit to keep it a secret as my larger account is joined)

Makes sense. I'm sure you can do a credit card (and still only be $56 over budget)

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock

I love this one!

The GOG stone looks very good and seems to be a great deal!

DMK_Dan

Rough_Rock
I called and unfortunately the only possibility for a Canadian purchase is a wire transfer. I'll keep this as a possibility, but it is currently not possible for me to do this.

I've found another one that interests me, but I see something I haven’t encountered before: a cavity inclusion. What’s the word here?

Here’s a picture of the GIA, I’ll look to see if I can get images of it (they’re on my computer and I’m currently on my phone) 4DCEEFA7-3B5C-4DFE-9407-A657A28E9B8E.png

DMK_Dan

Rough_Rock
Any images of this one?

Finally got an image of this one from Martin Scheffield (who came recommended above) for this one. Here it is. He is quite confident I will be very pleased with it, even after I raised concerns with the 59% table and 14% crown. 9C7014F9-4C12-4B4B-A91E-6FA756C199B1.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got an image of this one from Martin Scheffield (who came recommended above) for this one. Here it is. He is quite confident I will be very pleased with it, even after I raised concerns with the 59% table and 14% crown. 9C7014F9-4C12-4B4B-A91E-6FA756C199B1.jpeg

Can you link the cert to this as well? Just want to make sure I'm not looking at the wrong cert for this stone. I trust Martin (he's great).

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Cavity is something you want to avoid...

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Dan,

I'm in Toronto. I've found that Blue Nile is the easiest for us to order from. Duty Free shopping & no issues with delivery. Let me take a look at what they have. Also, if you are looking for a setting, Bill Leboeuf Jewellers in Barrie, call & ask for Adam, he has some great prices on Stuller settings & I'm positive he can find you something. Let me scroll through BN & see what they have. Also, I've purchased all my diamonds from US vendors including Good Old Gold, Whiteflash & well.. ok, too many to name. LOL Wiring money to them is absolutely safe. However, if the savings is minimal, just pay by CC cause wire fees are around $40-50 now! While Martin is located in Thornhill, a lot of his inventory is in NY or around the globe. I've had most of my luck with vendors south of the border. The Good Old Gold stone is a nice one.

Judy

sully

Rough_Rock
Martin Scheffield at USA Certified Diamonds was solid for my purchase. I was nervous and all turned out great.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are slim pickings on Blue Nile. A lot of new stock don't have pictures which is a pain. I'm sure customer service can get some for you but going just off what they had, I found this one. Comes out to just under $2000 US. It's a J. I've had a lot of J's & all of them have been set in platinum. Yes, they show a slight tint, but not obnoxious p** looking. For me they are white enough for white metal. Just ask, any vendor, for I or J what the body tone of the stone is. They could be a solid I or J with a creamy hue or have a brown or green hue. I personally don't like brown in my stones so always ask.

Here is the Blue Nile stone. Great Clarity & looks fairly white. Ask customer service & put it on hold until you decide. Free Shipping.

Here is a list of the WF stones. Yes, they are a premium. If you go over budget with the stone, we can find you reasonably priced settings to try to balance that out. They are more expensive but have a great trade up policy (pay $1 + shipping to WF) if one day down the road you would like to upgrade. I think I'm on stone 5? for upgrade. LOL It comes in handy! Much cheaper than the 2 x the amount with James Allen or Blue Nile. I like the J .75 & .78 myself.

With this setting...

Inquire about that Good Old Gold stone, it's nice for the price. I agree they have high delivery fees in general. The stone isn't so cheap but it's still a nice stone.

Shipping is free. Keep that in mind.

Stuller Settings.

** Barrie location. Ask for Adam. They charge about $50 to set the stone.

Preowned, in Canada. Ask if she has an up to date appraisal as the cert is from 2004. And has been set a couple times. You don't want to find out it has a chip. Already set in Platinum. Probably can be sized but ask. I don't know what your ladies ring size is.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

DMK_Dan

Rough_Rock
Can you link the cert to this as well? Just want to make sure I'm not looking at the wrong cert for this stone. I trust Martin (he's great).

DF6FB82E-5358-44C9-8F4C-48DF4D7D10DD.png

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock

This one has a missing arrow. I assume you are fine with it. If the table/crown size is not a concern, then this one looks ok.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one has a missing arrow. I assume you are fine with it. If the table/crown size is not a concern, then this one looks ok.

It's not accurate to say its "missing " an arrow. The arrow is present, just not coming across strongly in the pic

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It's not accurate to say its "missing " an arrow. The arrow is present, just not coming across strongly in the pic

@lovedogs , is that about photography, symmetry? I always wondered why some stones show some lighter arrows.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs , is that about photography, symmetry? I always wondered why some stones show some lighter arrows.

Haha that is something I am not positive about. I assume experts like @flyingpig would know better than me.

Reactions: Mlh

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Might have a 59% table but it's a 60/60 stone with 75% LGFs, so it should (I think!) be spready and balance a lot of white light return with some fat flashes of coloured fire :)

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
I second the recommendation for Adam at Bill leBoeuf for a stuller setting. They did mine and were fast and reasonable. And I love it!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Possibly because the camera is not close enough, the pavilion and crown angles are steeper than the rounded averags on the report, and/or both.
The diamond is tilted.

Regardless, I do not see any huge concern in the photo.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results