shape
carat
color
clarity

First Time Buyer Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ceaz

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''ve been lurking for a while now and reading all the posts has been really helpful. I am looking to buy a ring myself and I''m looking for the following:

Budget: $20k - $25k
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Carat: 1.60 - 1.70
Color: D - F
Clarity: VVS1 - VVS2

I''ve been searching and have found the following at James Allen that fits actually fits my preferences:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=866264

What do you all think? I''ve searched at other PS vendors but haven''t had much success.

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks nice. Don''t rule out VS, either.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 2:37:18 AM
Author: JulieN
Looks nice. Don't rule out VS, either.
Ditto. You pay a large premium for vvs clarity, and even more so when ct weight is above 1.5 and in the diamond is top colour grade.

Moreover, with brilliant cuts, especially with ideal cut rounds, VS (and even some SI) diamonds can't be differenciated from vvs with the naked eye so you end up paying for something that basically you can't see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2007 2:04:16 AM
Author:ceaz
Hi everyone,

I''ve been lurking for a while now and reading all the posts has been really helpful. I am looking to buy a ring myself and I''m looking for the following:

Budget: $20k - $25k
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Carat: 1.60 - 1.70
Color: D - F
Clarity: VVS1 - VVS2

I''ve been searching and have found the following at James Allen that fits actually fits my preferences:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=866264

What do you all think? I''ve searched at other PS vendors but haven''t had much success.

Thanks!
Welcome
35.gif

I take it you definitely want a VVS clarity as you specified it in your post? The diamond you picked looks very nice and should fit your requirements!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results