shape
carat
color
clarity

first strand suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessicap

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of freshadamda pearl dangles and a AAA pendent from PP, both 9-10 mm. I love them and wear them a lot. Now I am itching for my first strand of pearl and maybe matching studs, but worry that a white full strand will be to dressy for everyday wear. What size of a white strand will be a nice every day wear? or, will a multicolor strand look less dressy?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2009 8:26:30 PM
Author:jessicap
I have a pair of freshadamda pearl dangles and a AAA pendent from PP, both 9-10 mm. I love them and wear them a lot. Now I am itching for my first strand of pearl and maybe matching studs, but worry that a white full strand will be to dressy for everyday wear. What size of a white strand will be a nice every day wear? or, will a multicolor strand look less dressy?
I have a 5-6mm dainty pearl pink overtone strands---love them but I also have a petite frame so this is a great everyday look for me. I do think the mulitcolor strand would look less dressy and just classic and beautiful and fun at the same time to wear (ooooh I am will be saving up for one of those
36.gif
) I would probably look for one maybe on the 6mm-7mm or up to 8mm at the most, just my own personal opinion though.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a strand of 6-7mm Freshadamas that I love; I think 6mm pearls are a nice everyday size, or if you might like to try a tincup style if you are looking for something a little more casual.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
So what is a good size for my girlfriend when she is dressing up? Is 8-9mm big enough or should I be looking for 9-10mm?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jessicap -

A white strand is quite versatile, and can be dressed up or down depending on your whim. I remember Sarah Jessica Parker wearing a classic white graduated three-strand in a Gap print ad a few years ago with a black turtleneck and jeans, and she looked sensational yet fashion casual. A copper-colored strand or a black strand or a multi-color does seem more casual, maybe easier to dress down so that it''s a no-brainer, but you can do almost anything with pearls. Even ropes of pearls can be pretty casual.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 4:41:18 PM
Author: niceice21
So what is a good size for my girlfriend when she is dressing up? Is 8-9mm big enough or should I be looking for 9-10mm?
I agree with Rainwood that pearls are very versatile. You may want to consider your girlfriend''s frame when picking a size. I have a 10 mm necklace that people think is much larger b/c I have a small frame.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results