shape
carat
color
clarity

First sign of suspicious activity/strange behavior?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Please post a link to your ring Dreamgirl, I''d love to see it! It''s so sweet how your SO got you something from your favourite store in the world. At least he''s on the right track lol
36.gif

You need to ressurect that LIW Tiffany thread
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
kribbie- I know it!
6.gif
31.gif

Squirrly- Who knows in the next year. That just seems so crazy to me. I wont get my hopes up because again, I thought it would be a couple of years down the road.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:25:13 PM
Author: kittybean

Date: 7/13/2009 4:58:34 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
This may sound like a mumbled mess but: I''m excited about this but for some reason I''m so uneasy/nervous about it.
Confession: I felt this way many times before we got engaged, especially when I started to feel it was drawing closer and closer. I had one day where I felt almost panicked thinking about what a serious, important, huge deal the whole thing was. Thankfully those feelings seemed to vanish just as quickly as they appeared, and I would feel more content-excited than panicked and overexcited. I think it''s very, very normal and expected to feel nervous and excited at the same time--I think most people do when they are anticipating something so important.
Well that is all good to know! It''s a big step that''s for sure. But it''s also something I''ve always wanted. It just seemed so far from reach. Now suddenly I can almost touch it and I''m like "EEEEK!" lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:35:47 PM
Author: KittyBling
Please post a link to your ring Dreamgirl, I'd love to see it! It's so sweet how your SO got you something from your favourite store in the world. At least he's on the right track lol
36.gif

You need to ressurect that LIW Tiffany thread
3.gif
I certainly will, I promise! Yeah, he's a doll.
4.gif
I LOVE him so much! I'll ask the mods if they will bring the LIW Tiffany thread back if you will join me. I can talk in there for ages....

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
That was one of my favourite threads. I know someone was supposed to get engaged with a 2+ct Tiffany ring. Can''t wait to see pics of that
30.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
perhaps just think of it as this being the year to perfect the art of self manis, and experiment with colors and outfits and accessories. no harm in distracting yourself with preparation
31.gif
after all, it does seem that the perfect e-pic outfits require some serious searching
2.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Ooohhhh very very exciting news happenings and what not
36.gif
from what you''ve said of ring discussions with your SO before this definitely seems out of character...i think he''s up to something
30.gif
9.gif

Duuuuuusssssttt!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
DDDUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT dg!! I think you won''t need much at this point though. Sounds like all the engines are all on...
3.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I smell a proposal coming soon!!! Soooooo excited for you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:56:57 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 11:49:17 AM
Author: ckrickett

Date: 7/13/2009 11:28:19 AM
Author:Dreamgirl
Which is strange because probably a year ago now I showed him a very similar book at the Library and he was disinterested, slighly annoyed. You know the behavior...''Don''t talk to me about rings'' type attitude lol.
That right there would be a sign to me. Since my SO wants no talk of rings until he is ready. So the fact that he went out of his way to get you to get that book would have my LIW alarm ringing!!

duuuussssstttt
I know........right? I mean I always slip from time to time and say something about the whole topic but it''s just all so weird to me. I don''t know what to think. I honestly didn''t think an engagement would come for another 3 years. Which a huge part of me still thinks. But it''s still strange behavior.
Lets hope its in 3 months not 3 years!!!
more DUST!!!!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
DG I''m glad you had such a good bday!! The ring you got is so pretty
1.gif
Since he has extra time right now, it''s very possible he''s "bored" and looking at ideas.. On the other hand, maybe he''s looking so he will know what he can start doing once he gets his job! If he''s already at home waiting for the next interview or to hear back, then what better thing to do than search for pretty rings for you???
31.gif
At least that''s the way girls think.. Either way, here''s some ***DUST*** for you!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'll reply to all of you but first..........I think I figured out this whole thing and now I'm feeling kind of sad about it.
20.gif
So, he sent himself those emails on Sunday before we went out. So that means he sent them to himself before we went to the Library. And one of those emails is the same subject as the one book he had me check out. Add all that together and I think he was searching the Library's website for engagment/diamond/wedding ring DVD's or books (and nothing online) FOR ME to look at, not himself.

Last night when I got home I asked him if he looked at those books at all and he told me "No, those are for you!"
6.gif
Now, I don't know if he was just SAYING that or not but I figure if he wanted to look at them himself, he would have checked them out himself. KWIM?

So all of this added up in my head is exactly as I should have known better.
38.gif
Shame on me! I don't think he's looking into this stuff at all. I'm just a doop. He probably figured I'd like to look at it (keep me entertained or something) so he showed these 2 books to me and suggested I check them out.
39.gif
Unless he did/is looking at them while I'm at work. Hmmm..

I HATE my overactive mind.
14.gif
The only thing I know for sure is he didn't read those emails he sent himself and the stupid books are for me (acording to him).
40.gif
What do you all think?

On the other hand...he has gotten annoyed with me in the past when I talk about engagement stuff so I've tried my best to keep quiet (but you know I slip from time to time
27.gif
) so really, why would he provide me with all this diamonds and rings stuff FOR ME to look at because he knows it will just add fuel to my fire. Right?

Now I'm just more confused after tying all of this. Sorry for the rambling. I seem to get all my silly thoughts out when I type them.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:02:19 PM
That was one of my favourite threads. I know someone was supposed to get engaged with a 2+ct Tiffany ring. Can''t wait to see pics of that
30.gif
This is so awesome to me thinking that a ''lurker'' was reading our thread and loved it so dearly! I think that is LabRat''s ring. I''ll send a message to the admins now and see if it comes back to life.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:57:45 PM
I''ll reply to all of you but first..........I think I figured out this whole thing and now I''m feeling kind of sad about it.
20.gif
So, he sent himself those emails on Sunday before we went out. So that means he sent them to himself before we went to the Library. And one of those emails is the same subject as the one book he had me check out. Add all that together and I think he was searching the Library''s website for engagment/diamond/wedding ring DVD''s or books (and nothing online) FOR ME to look at, not himself.

Last night when I got home I asked him if he looked at those books at all and he told me ''No, those are for you!''
6.gif
Now, I don''t know if he was just SAYING that or not but I figure if he wanted to look at them himself, he would have checked them out himself. KWIM?

So all of this added up in my head is exactly as I should have known better.
38.gif
Shame on me! I don''t think he''s looking into this stuff at all. I''m just a doop. He probably figured I''d like to look at it (keep me entertained or something) so he showed these 2 books to me and suggested I check them out.
39.gif
Unless he did/is looking at them while I''m at work. Hmmm..

I HATE my overactive mind.
14.gif
The only thing I know for sure is he didn''t read those emails he sent himself and the stupid books are for me (acording to him).
40.gif
What do you all think?

On the other hand...he has gotten annoyed with me in the past when I talk about engagement stuff so I''ve tried my best to keep quiet (but you know I slip from time to time
27.gif
) so really, why would he provide me with all this diamonds and rings stuff FOR ME to look at because he knows it will just add fuel to my fire. Right?

Now I''m just more confused after tying all of this. Sorry for the rambling. I seem to get all my silly thoughts out when I type them.

DG.... I still think he is up to something!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:04:12 PM
Author: Squirrly
perhaps just think of it as this being the year to perfect the art of self manis, and experiment with colors and outfits and accessories. no harm in distracting yourself with preparation
31.gif
after all, it does seem that the perfect e-pic outfits require some serious searching
2.gif
ha! I already do all of that anyway. But I''m not stopping!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw- Even though I''m a little scared of it all, I kinda wish he is up to something too!

TopoDazzle- Thanks! lol

katomm- Thank you! I hope he really is looking FOR HIM

ckrickett- lol 3 MONTHS!!?? No way...

sparklyheart- Thank you SH! You could be totally right. Maybe he is doing this to get on the right track of a ring purchase? Who knows. I only wish!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:00:43 PM
Author: CurlySue
Even after he said those books are for me, you really think he still is? Hmmm.....yeah cause he should KNOW I''ll talk about it. Why would he want me driving him nuts over the topic now?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:14:26 PM

Even after he said those books are for me, you really think he still is? Hmmm.....yeah cause he should KNOW I''ll talk about it. Why would he want me driving him nuts over the topic now?
You should ask him!
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:22:12 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 7/14/2009 2:14:26 PM

You should ask him!
2.gif
How do I ask him that? Just flat out "Are you up to something?" lol he wouldn''t asnwer that even if he was!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
That''s very exciting! :)

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
hmmm I still think he''s upto something!! Not sure why he would want YOU to look at diamond/engagment/wedding ring books etc... Surely he realises by now that you know everything there is to know about diamonds and rings
3.gif

Maybe he''s just using it as cover to throw you off??

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 5:19:55 PM
hmmm I still think he''s upto something!! Not sure why he would want YOU to look at diamond/engagment/wedding ring books etc... Surely he realises by now that you know everything there is to know about diamonds and rings
3.gif

Maybe he''s just using it as cover to throw you off??
Yeah I know right? It just doesn''t make any sense to me. (BTW, I brought back the Tiff thread for you. It''s on the first page of threads...)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So last night I couldn't contain myself. I asked him what he's up to. And he got that little devil grin of his
vertag.gif
as if he IS up to something (as if he knew what I was talking about) but he claims no, he isn't up to anything. He was even laughing about it because he thinks I'm funny to question him. "What's with the books? Are they really just for me to look at or is it a cover for you to look at too?" He says he just wanted me to look at the books because he knows I like that kind of stuff. (still don't know if I believe that!) "Why would I need to look at those books? Why would you let me look at that stuff because you IS just adding fuel to my fire. You KNOW I'll talk about it once I open these books up!" And he just smiled at me. Then I hugged him and acted very cute and said "You ARE up to something! You are interested aren't you?"
31.gif
He still says no.....

hmmm.gif

A part of me thinks he IS telling me the truth. But it just doesn't fit. So the other part of me thinks he's interested and maybe just wants to learn a little more about the topic. So when the time is right, he will have a better knowledge. Maybe even by me looking at the books and telling him. Maybe by him looking at them when I'm not around. I don't know. And I wonder what those emails really are about? Stuff from the Library? That's still my best bet. I think I'm gonna keep on top of what HE checks out from the Library and if anything else diamond/engagement type stuff appears shortly...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results