shape
carat
color
clarity

First sign of suspicious activity/strange behavior?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I didn't sleep AT ALL last night and I've GOT to get this all out. What better place than here?!! (It's nothing bad BTW)

So for my birthday on Friday S got me a very darling RHR. It was a total surprise and I love it!
31.gif
I had kind of wanted a new RHR for a few years now but didn't want anything too fancy because once engaged, I don't even know if I will wear a RHR. When I put it on he was all smile face and said "Your very first Tiffany ring!" to which I playfully reply "So is my second one going to have diamonds?"
3.gif
To make a long story short, it was a size 5.5 (this is the size of my ring finger) but since it's for the right hand and 3mm wide, it was a little tight. We took it back yesterday and wanted to try the size 6 which they are out of but are sending it to me this week. So there has been a lot of "ring fitting" discussion going on this weekend due to that. He also said to me more than once and to the SA yesterday 3 TIMES "Well, I guess it's ok if it's a little big and spins anyway because it isn't like there is a stone on it, I guess it would have to fit better with a stone..."

After that we are at the Library to pick up some stuff (DVD's & a custom home building book) when S says "hey, I know a book I think you will like" and takes me over to where this said book was. So it's a "How to Buy a Diamond" book. Which is strange because probably a year ago now I showed him a very similar book at the Library and he was disinterested, slighly annoyed. You know the behavior..."Don't talk to me about rings" type attitude lol. Anyway he grabs another book next to it "Engagement and Wedding Rings" and tells me to check them both out to look at.
6.gif
11.gif
um...ok...........
26.gif

So yesterday evening he went on the computer at my house and I was talking to him. I was asking him if he was going to be on there very long and he said "Nope, just checking my email" to which he opens his email box and guess what I see? SEVERAL emails sent to himself from himself entitled...
Subject#1: gemstones
Subject#2: gemstones
Subject#3: wedding bands
and then others that said something in reference of how to buy a diamond, with this ring...etc..etc..

He CLICKS out of it super fast as if "Oops! Oh crap!" and I didn't say a word about it.
6.gif
31.gif
32.gif
(I got super giddy feeling yet sick feeling at the same time) I just kept talking like I didn't see but now it's driving me insane. I don't know if he knows I saw it. What was that all about?! I'm up all night thinking about it. Is he bored? It doesn't make sense to me that he would look at this stuff because he lost his job in April (currently looking and has interviewed for others). But still, at this point it wouldn't make sense to me. He's all about saving money and being "set" as far as a job and money goes. That's why I'm thinking maybe he's getting super bored and now looking at this stuff. Maybe it has something to do with my RHR and all the "how the ring fits" discussions. OMG! lol I get to work this morning thinking maybe he sent those emails to me too and I'm reading too much into this, maybe it isn't anything like I think it is. But he didn't send me any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea. Oh my gosh...
40.gif

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Sounds exciting!

What does your new RHR look like?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Aww, first off happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.

hmmm....the wedding band link is def interesting! As for the gemstones do you think maybe he''s looking at buying you one of Tiffany''s gemstone rings as an ering if he is unable to spend a lot of money right now on a diamond?

I don''t think guys look at rings when they''re bored, I think usually they''re thinking about something else
2.gif
He might be doing some preliminary research if he lands one of the jobs he''s been looking at.

I don''t want to mislead you if I''m way off base, but it definitely seems like a suspicious change in behavior

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:28:19 AM
Author:Dreamgirl
I didn''t sleep AT ALL last night and I''ve GOT to get this all out. What better place than here?!! (It''s nothing bad BTW)

So for my birthday on Friday S got me a very darling RHR. It was a total surprise and I love it!
31.gif
I had kind of wanted a new RHR for a few years now but didn''t want anything too fancy because once engaged, I don''t even know if I will wear a RHR. When I put it on he was all smile face and said ''Your very first Tiffany ring!'' to which I playfully reply ''So is my second one going to have diamonds?''
3.gif
To make a long story short, it was a size 5.5 (this is the size of my ring finger) but since it''s for the right hand and 3mm wide, it was a little tight. We took it back yesterday and wanted to try the size 6 which they are out of but are sending it to me this week. So there has been a lot of ''ring fitting'' discussion going on this weekend due to that. He also said to me more than once and to the SA yesterday 3 TIMES ''Well, I guess it''s ok if it''s a little big and spins anyway because it isn''t like there is a stone on it, I guess it would have to fit better with a stone...''

After that we are at the Library to pick up some stuff (DVD''s & a custom home building book) when S says ''hey, I know a book I think you will like'' and takes me over to where this said book was. So it''s a ''How to Buy a Diamond'' book. Which is strange because probably a year ago now I showed him a very similar book at the Library and he was disinterested, slighly annoyed. You know the behavior...''Don''t talk to me about rings'' type attitude lol. Anyway he grabs another book next to it ''Engagement and Wedding Rings'' and tells me to check them both out to look at.
6.gif
11.gif
um...ok...........
26.gif

So yesterday evening he went on the computer at my house and I was talking to him. I was asking him if he was going to be on there very long and he said ''Nope, just checking my email'' to which he opens his email box and guess what I see? SEVERAL emails sent to himself from himself entitled...
Subject#1: gemstones
Subject#2: gemstones
Subject#3: wedding bands
and then others that said something in reference of how to buy a diamond, with this ring...etc..etc..

He CLICKS out of it super fast as if ''Oops! Oh crap!'' and I didn''t say a word about it.
6.gif
31.gif
32.gif
(I got super giddy feeling yet sick feeling at the same time) I just kept talking like I didn''t see but now it''s driving me insane. I don''t know if he knows I saw it. What was that all about?! I''m up all night thinking about it. Is he bored? It doesn''t make sense to me that he would look at this stuff because he lost his job in April (currently looking and has interviewed for others). But still, at this point it wouldn''t make sense to me. He''s all about saving money and being ''set'' as far as a job and money goes. That''s why I''m thinking maybe he''s getting super bored and now looking at this stuff. Maybe it has something to do with my RHR and all the ''how the ring fits'' discussions. OMG! lol I get to work this morning thinking maybe he sent those emails to me too and I''m reading too much into this, maybe it isn''t anything like I think it is. But he didn''t send me any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea. Oh my gosh...
40.gif
That right there would be a sign to me. Since my SO wants no talk of rings until he is ready. So the fact that he went out of his way to get you to get that book would have my LIW alarm ringing!!

duuuussssstttt

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:46:06 AM
Author: CheshireSmile
Wow! Sounds exciting!

Ah crap. I didn''t bring photos with me to work.
20.gif
I can post tomorrow! But it''s the Tiffany Notes "I love you" ring. It''s just perfect becasue I wanted something basic but gorgeous...I plan on taking photos of the new one when she arrives!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Haha, Im with purselover! I dont think boys look at rings when they''re bored... at least FF doesnt! ***DUST*** that he''s up to something
28.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:46:43 AM
Author: purselover
Aww, first off happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.

hmmm....the wedding band link is def interesting! As for the gemstones do you think maybe he''s looking at buying you one of Tiffany''s gemstone rings as an ering if he is unable to spend a lot of money right now on a diamond?

I don''t think guys look at rings when they''re bored, I think usually they''re thinking about something else
2.gif
He might be doing some preliminary research if he lands one of the jobs he''s been looking at.

I don''t want to mislead you if I''m way off base, but it definitely seems like a suspicious change in behavior
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I don''t know what the gemstones email is about. However, I don''t see him purchasing one of those over a diamond for me. I mean honestly I don''t even know that I would get a Tiffany ring. I just want a very sleek and gorgeous ring! You know?
27.gif
Tiff''s would be ideal though.

Your right, why would he do that if he were bored? ahh this is crazy. I can''t even WORK today because I can''t stop thinking about those emails. He could quite possibly be doing preliminary research before he gets a new job. Mabye that''s what it is! Maybe he thinks this is a good time to look into it all and learn about it all while he has free time on his hands. Hmmmmmm.....

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:50:44 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 7/13/2009 11:46:06 AM

Wow! Sounds exciting!

Ah crap. I didn't bring photos with me to work.
20.gif
I can post tomorrow! But it's the Tiffany Notes 'I love you' ring. It's just perfect becasue I wanted something basic but gorgeous...I plan on taking photos of the new one when she arrives!

Just looked it up on the Tiffany website - it's beautiful! Very elegant - please post some hand shots when you get the new one!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:49:17 AM
Author: ckrickett

Which is strange because probably a year ago now I showed him a very similar book at the Library and he was disinterested, slighly annoyed. You know the behavior...''Don''t talk to me about rings'' type attitude lol.
That right there would be a sign to me. Since my SO wants no talk of rings until he is ready. So the fact that he went out of his way to get you to get that book would have my LIW alarm ringing!!

duuuussssstttt
I know........right? I mean I always slip from time to time and say something about the whole topic but it''s just all so weird to me. I don''t know what to think. I honestly didn''t think an engagement would come for another 3 years. Which a huge part of me still thinks. But it''s still strange behavior.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:51:21 AM
Author: Erinleigh
Haha, Im with purselover! I dont think boys look at rings when they''re bored... at least FF doesnt! ***DUST*** that he''s up to something
28.gif
I so badly want to snoop around now. I wish I didn''t see ANY of that. I have no idea how I will stay quiet about this. I know I''ll slip and say something about those emails. RATS.... what am I going to do??!?!?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Clearly, you should log into his email account and see what those emails were all about...
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:54:37 AM
Just looked it up on the Tiffany website - it''s beautiful! Very elegant - please post some hand shots when you get the new one!
Thank you! It really is a pretty little thing. I will certainly get some photos out once I get it in the mail. They say I should get it by Friday. If that''s the case I can take photos this weekend! (Unless it comes sooner and I have time to take pictures)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:00:46 PM
Author: TheBigT
Clearly, you should log into his email account and see what those emails were all about...
2.gif
6.gif
27.gif
That would be a great idea however, he hasn't opened them yet. So even if I could, I can't because they haven't been read! DON'T you try and get me in trouble missy.
3.gif
Encouragement of spying would be bad because I'm already borderline ready to spy anyway. Oh I want to spy it out so badly right now. I'm TERIIBLE at these things.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting!!

p.s. Love the RHR, checked it out on the T&Co site, and it''s awesome.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:03:42 PM

Date: 7/13/2009 12:00:46 PM
2.gif
6.gif
27.gif
That would be a great idea however, he hasn''t opened them yet. So even if I could, I can''t because they haven''t been read! DON''T you try and get me in trouble missy.
3.gif
Encouragement of spying would be bad because I''m already borderline ready to spy anyway. Oh I want to spy it out so badly right now. I''m TERIIBLE at these things.
Oh please! Does he have gmail? You can "mark as unread."
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:06:09 PM
Author: misskitty
Exciting!!

p.s. Love the RHR, checked it out on the T&Co site, and it''s awesome.
Thanks misskitty!
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:07:32 PM
Oh please! Does he have gmail? You can ''mark as unread.''
3.gif
No (aol) but that sounds AWESOME. Marking emails as unread. Rats!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:09:06 PM

Date: 7/13/2009 12:07:32 PM
Oh please! Does he have gmail? You can ''mark as unread.''
3.gif
No (aol) but that sounds AWESOME. Marking emails as unread. Rats!
Yeah, don''t read his email. That''s bad. Relationships should be built on trust.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, so very true! I can''t. That''s so wrong. I just don''t know how I will keep mum about this. I have such a big mouth
20.gif
I know it will slip. What will I do?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I spoke with my mom about this whole thing this morning and she says she thinks its just because he's bored. But a part of me wonders if she's just saying that. Because I was talking a lot with her this weekend about my RHR fitting situation as well (driving her mad over it) and about her wedding ring and how it fits...etc..etc...and I'm concerned about my 5.5 size finger now because I don't want my future engagement ring to be too tight. And she did say something that made me think "huh?" What she said was something to the fact of "Your finger size can change all the time. Even if you get engaged in a year...(slight second of silence)...or 3, (
37.gif
) it could change from what it is now. So maybe you can go get it measured before he gets you the ring" to which I replied "But if I did that, then I'd know he was going to get a ring and then it's not a surprise!" "Well, then get it measured often so you know if it changes"
lol

She said that on Saturday I think. I was a little shocked because other engagment/marriage talks I've had with her in the past she thinks I'm silly, we aren't ready yet yada yada. But Saturday when she said even if you get engaged in a year.....that was strange too. However, I was happy she said that because sometimes I worry if I got engaged she would still think we weren't ready which would then make me feel unready as well. Perhaps she feels we are closer to being ready now.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:56:57 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 11:49:17 AM
Author: ckrickett

Which is strange because probably a year ago now I showed him a very similar book at the Library and he was disinterested, slighly annoyed. You know the behavior...''Don''t talk to me about rings'' type attitude lol.

duuuussssstttt
I know........right? I mean I always slip from time to time and say something about the whole topic but it''s just all so weird to me. I don''t know what to think. I honestly didn''t think an engagement would come for another 3 years. Which a huge part of me still thinks. But it''s still strange behavior.
Yeah! My SO won''t even let me peak at rings as we walk by the outside of stores without freaking out that he''s "not buying a ring today"-duh! If my SO suddenly started picking up ring books, well, LOL, I''d know for sure! (((DUST)))

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Happy belated birthday, dream!!!

I wish you mayjah DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

I want to see the RHR, too!
9.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Happy belated Bday Dreamgirl!!!!
9.gif

I''ve read your posts as a lurker and I know you love Tiffany''s (as do I)
31.gif
It does sound like your SO is upto something sneaky... It''s not natural for guys to take so much interest in rings and diamonds unless they are serious about it
27.gif

Here''s some ***DUST*** just incase
12.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Dreamgirl, I hope he is really up to something! At least you can be sure in which direction he is headed--that is more than half the battle. How exciting! Come chat with us whenever you think you can''t hold it in any longer.

Oh, and happy birthday, friend! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 2:25:29 PM
Author: princessplease
Happy belated birthday, dream!!!

I wish you mayjah DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

I want to see the RHR, too!
9.gif
Thank you! I will post photos as soon as I get the ring and take some snapshots! I promise!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 2:45:47 PM
Author: KittyBling
Happy belated Bday Dreamgirl!!!!
9.gif

I''ve read your posts as a lurker and I know you love Tiffany''s (as do I)
31.gif
It does sound like your SO is upto something sneaky... It''s not natural for guys to take so much interest in rings and diamonds unless they are serious about it
27.gif

Here''s some ***DUST*** just incase
12.gif
Thank you KittyBling! I''m always happy to see a lurker of mine who enjoys reading my posts. Thanks for following! Your a Tiffany girl too I see!
31.gif
It''s SO hard for me to believe that he is seriously looking into these things. A big part of me thinks "no, this isn''t happening. That isn''t him. And I''m slightly crazy!"

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 4:17:16 PM
Author: kittybean
Aww, Dreamgirl, I hope he is really up to something! At least you can be sure in which direction he is headed--that is more than half the battle. How exciting! Come chat with us whenever you think you can't hold it in any longer.

I hope he is too!
27.gif

This may sound like a mumbled mess but: I'm excited about this but for some reason I'm so uneasy/nervous about it. I guess because being together this long...I just always feel a little like it's never going to happen. You know? I mean, I know it will because this is what we want. We've talked about it several times! But it's such a different feeling I now have. Like naaaaaah he can't be serious! And now to think that he is up to whatever it is he's up to and I'm wondering why and is it really because he's thinking about it more makes me feel all kinds of things inside!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!! That sounds promising!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif
so sometime in the next year huh.

duuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssstttttttttttt!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 4:58:34 PM

Date: 7/13/2009 4:17:16 PM
Author: kittybean
Aww, Dreamgirl, I hope he is really up to something! At least you can be sure in which direction he is headed--that is more than half the battle. How exciting! Come chat with us whenever you think you can''t hold it in any longer.

I hope he is too!
27.gif

This may sound like a mumbled mess but: I''m excited about this but for some reason I''m so uneasy/nervous about it. I guess because being together this long...I just always feel a little like it''s never going to happen. You know? I mean, I know it will because this is what we want. We''ve talked about it several times! But it''s such a different feeling I now have. Like naaaaaah he can''t be serious! And now to think that he is up to whatever it is he''s up to and I''m wondering why and is it really because he''s thinking about it more makes me feel all kinds of things inside!
Confession: I felt this way many times before we got engaged, especially when I started to feel it was drawing closer and closer. I had one day where I felt almost panicked thinking about what a serious, important, huge deal the whole thing was. Thankfully those feelings seemed to vanish just as quickly as they appeared, and I would feel more content-excited than panicked and overexcited. I think it''s very, very normal and expected to feel nervous and excited at the same time--I think most people do when they are anticipating something so important.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results