shape
carat
color
clarity

First princess chipped, help on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sesnyder

Rough_Rock
hi all,
I got engaged last year and I received the most beautiful princess cut diamond solitare and I managed to chip it. I have read the comments on the possibility of this occuring but thought it would never happen to me....well, it did, so all you princess cut owners, they are beautiful but take care of them!(and get insurance)

I wanted to know what the experienced thought of the price of the diamond that is the replacement winner so far.

Radiant cut
1.30 carat
6.80 x 5.73
G color
VS1
Depth 73%
Table 72.5%
Crown 10%
Medium Girdle
No Flourescence
Very Good Symmetry
Very Good Polish

$6100

thanks
sarah

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Don't feel bad, Robin managed to break the tip off of her princess cut diamond a few years ago by catching it "just right" and we're in the business
2.gif

The replacement you found looks promising enough...

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert on diamonds, so I won't be able to comment on your replacement stone. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear that you chipped your original stone after only a year! Yikes! How did you chip it?

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sesnyder,

I managed to chip my RB. Hit it just right, I was shocked also, didn't think you could do that. I guess it happens more often than you would think!

I just replaced mine with a radiant. I love the cut. Have you actually seen this radiant? From my experience with finding mine, it is important that you see it before making a commitment as fancy cuts do not really have a standard. You will know "the one" when you see it. It will reach out and grab you.

Though, it is good to start with the stats and this one looks nice (in my unprofessional opinion!).

Happy searching!
2.gif

sesnyder

Rough_Rock
I did see the stone and it has great brilliance. So I am happy with it, I was just wondering if the industry gurus thought the price was ok.

As for chipping, I have actually no idea how I did it. I have hit the ring a couple times but saw no damage, and then one day the stone looked off-center and my jeweler told me it was chipped. Then I looked and it was a big chip! I was devasted. The sharp corners on the princess now scare me so I am going with a radiant.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Don't feel bad, my RB is also has a chip on the girdle and luckily I am getting it replaced for free from the jeweller.... ^_^ So I guess chipping does happen to diamond sometimes...

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
It's not the cut as much as the settings.
Women are not currently fond of living the gender roles or lifestyles demanded of women a century ago, but try telling that to a jewelry industry that keeps kicking out designs as if they were.
Even the most casual modern lifestyle is way too much for some, dare I say most, of the mountings out there - mainly because soldering on a prong head is the easiest way to cut stocking and manufacturing costs radically over other mounting methods for commodity jewelry. That and stores don't need to have an actual jeweler on staff.

Don't want a broken stone? Repeat after me;

DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS. DON'T USE PRONGS.

Oh, and don't use prongs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results