shape
carat
color
clarity

First dress fitting... pix!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to share that I had my first dress fitting yesterday... which was fun and mildly nerve-wracking all at the same time!!
6.gif
9.gif
The dress is a Melissa Sweet, the Nicollette, although I had them make some changes to the back... there were 2 big floppy bows, so we eliminated the top one and replaced it with a row of buttons. My mom and MOH loved the changes, but I am still a little nervous that I should have just kept it the way it was... ugh. Always finding something to obsess about.

The good news is, it fit perfectly... no alterations needed, other than the hem! They said that happens less than 1% of the time... I definitely got lucky! Although I was hoping to lose a few pounds by the wedding... so we'll see what happens with that.

The pictures aren't super-exciting, but I always love seeing all the different stages of planning/choosing/fitting... so I thought I'd attach a few!

Seamstress doing the bustle:

EphFitting1.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Three-way mirror shot... my MOH was getting creative with her camera-work.
2.gif
(Oh, and the ridge around the bottom is pinned for the hem... not part of the dress!)

EphFitting3.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...so pretty, Eph!! It looks lovely on you! I love MS gowns! Can't wait to see more pics!
36.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
My "veil bustle"... I had no idea such a thing existed! It will be cathedral-length for the ceremony (same as above pic), but maybe bustled for the "announcement" part of the reception? Not sure yet... but I'll probably just take it off after that...

EphFitting4.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Looking especially bridal with a fake bouquet...
9.gif

Oh, and gotta love the tan-lines
20.gif
... note to self: NO halter tops before wedding!

EphFitting5.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like that gown on you! It''s extremely flattering, classy, elegant and just gorgeous!!!
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, you look stunning! I love the way the fabric wraps around the bodice...so gorgeous -- like the dress just wants to hug you!

Congratulations on this milestone...it''s a special day!

Keep ''em coming and tell your MOH she''s awesome for that 3-way shot!

Jackie

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, now I want YOUR dress!!! It''s so beautiful--simple yet unique with the way the bodice wraps and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the buttons.

Defin. feeling a bit jealous over here!!!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I said this when you bought it but....

I LOVE YOU IN THIS DRESS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
wow! The fabric of your dress photographs beautifully and you look stunning!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow i love love love this dress (still!!) it''s absolutely perfect on you! love the changes too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress looks absolutely perfect on you!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
You look absolutely beautiful, eph!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I said this before, but I'll say it again... this dress looks like it was made for you!!! It is one of the most gorgeous dresses I have ever seen, but I think it's *you* that makes it look so amazing! I love how it's classic and elegant but still different. I'm sad there wasn't one in my area to try on. I finally bought my dress, but after seeing you in this dress again, it makes me wish I could've gotten the Nicolette somehow! Love love love it! Anyways, it's fantastic and you look perfect in it. By the way, where would you lose those extra pounds?!? lol Girl, your figure rocks!

P.S. I think the changes you made are great and I probably would've done the same. The dress is beautiful no matter what, but the back is less girly frou frou with the changes and looks more elegant with the buttons (love buttons) and just one bow. Two bows are kinda unnecessary, IMHO, and the back now matches the simple clean lines of the front. You made a good choice!
1.gif

Minny

Rough_Rock
You look absolutely STUNNING.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! The silk looks divine.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on you! I like the changes that you made, alot! And I''m with ChelleBelle...your figure looks perfect for the dress...don''t stress about losing weight!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
i love the look! It''s amazing how well your dress looks in pictures. are you getting anxious yet?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you look absolutely gorgeous!!! You picked the perfect dress!! You must be getting so excited!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress,
i especially love the neckline on you

simple, elegant, classic-

congrats!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 7:39:41 PM
Author: chellebelle
Oh my goodness, I said this before, but I'll say it again... this dress looks like it was made for you!!! It is one of the most gorgeous dresses I have ever seen, but I think it's *you* that makes it look so amazing! I love how it's classic and elegant but still different. I'm sad there wasn't one in my area to try on. I finally bought my dress, but after seeing you in this dress again, it makes me wish I could've gotten the Nicolette somehow! Love love love it[/b]! Anyways, it's fantastic and you look perfect in it. By the way, where would you lose those extra pounds?!? lol Girl, your figure rocks! =0>

I was thinking the same! Your dress looks amazing on you! You dont need to lose any pounds!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
You look fantastic. Your future husband will be speechless when he sees you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Eph, it''s beautiful! Looks SO good on you!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SOOOOOO much for your sweet comments, everyone!!! As I said, I have a tendency to second-guess myself with all these little decisions, so it's incredibly encouraging to hear your responses reminding me to stop obsessing and just enjoy the process!!
9.gif

And I am not being silly about losing weight, really... I am just the epitome of a pear-shape, so while my upper body probably won't change much, I keep thinking about those bikinis I'll be wearing on my honeymoon and hoping I can tone up my lower half at least a little bit!

Again... Dani, TG, Jas (love the "hugging" description), Sweetpea, Rainbow, Trelala, JCrow, DeeJay, Kimberly, Chelle (thanks so much for the reassurance about the back... and your dress is absolutely breathtaking on you, girl... I think we both did good!!), Minny, Robbie, Ebree, Facet, Budget (yes, anxious is a good word... I just want May 5th to get here so it can stop consuming my thoughts!), Rascal, Labbie, Bee, Island, Alj..... THANK YOU. A lot.
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s sooooo pretty!!! This dress is really beautiful on you and flatters your body shape really well. Looks like the fitting went fine!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Seeing that beautiful pure white dress peek through the more yellow tones in the picture really shows just how beautiful your pics will be :) You look so totatly great in that dress! Congrats on finding it :)

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your dress is gorgeous and looks just perfect for you -- We''re date twins, YAY
36.gif
, and I can''t wait for May 5th to get here either but I dont go in for my next fitting until next week -- I hope I look as good as you do!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It looks SO GOOD!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE the way the fabric criss-crosses on the bodice. It''s gorgeous. What a knockout!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results