shape
carat
color
clarity

First diamond to girlfriend

Shingad

Rough_Rock
Good day all!

It's my first time buying a diamond and the first time I am heavily researching on it. I think I have a generally good idea on what a good ring should be. I went to a seller and they offered me a couple of diamonds to choose from and I chose this 1.55c one (see below). I should have taken better pictures but at the time he showed me, I knew next to nothing about diamonds. As of right now, the asking price for this diamond is $13,300 (hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules here.. if so please let me know). Do you guys agree? I've searched a couple of websites, and most say a diamond of this calibur is around the $15K range, but some say less. The HCA score is a 2.0, so right where it should be (but since I've done my researched, I kind of wish it was a little better). Let me know your thoughts! Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

https://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2155586816

Note: When I saw it in person, it was definitely, and extremely shiny and I saw all the prism colors, if that matters.

download_20160206_150813.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An HCA score of 1.0 is not better than 2.0. It is just a screening tool that tells us that stones scoring 2 or less are worth considering. I can't tell anything from your photo, but your eyes are the best judge. Most here prefer a smaller table than 61, but larger tables do usually mean the stone will be bright. Did you check it carefully at all angles to be sure it is eyeclean? It is good to first locate the inclusions with a loupe and then see if you can see them with your eyes. But I think since the price is reasonable and if you think it is beautiful, I think it would be fine.

Shingad

Rough_Rock
Thank you! This is the exact answer I wanted to hear. The main reason it's an SI1 is that large cut right in the center of the diamond. We took a look at it and you can hardly see it, and it doesnt take away from the shine. If it wasn't for that it would have most certainly been a VS2. I did check the inclusion out with a loupe (per dealer's advice) to see if I could find it... and I could not.

I was just waiting for a red flag for anyone to say, based off of initial specs, that something like this isn't worth the asking price. I was ready to go, but I wanted answers from a great community.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results