shape
carat
color
clarity

First Custom design, CAD suggestions please

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Good Evening PriceScope friends!

Working on a ER replacement for my (gasp!) 60th birthday. I have learned so much from Price Scope lurking and learning for the last 6 months or so. So far, you have talked me through selecting and working with a designer, selecting and purchasing a stone (from another PSer), and suggested working with David Klass. All of this is completely new to me! So far so good!

(I have to give credit to Tonks, who posted a very detailed thread on the analysis of selecting her stone (with pictures of sizes, finger coverage, etc.--a very great resource for first time buyers like me).

I confirmed the size and quality of the diamond was a great fit for me, and I purchased a 4.13 MRB E this week, and things are moving along rather quickly-Yay! David has been very kind and wonderful so far!

The stone is on it's way to David, and he has already sent over a preliminary starting point for design. That is where y'all come in!

I have decided on a plain and classy platinum setting for the ER replacement, with a fancy basket (Kim N's old setting for inspiration), and a diamond eternity like wedding band. I am going to have my daughter's birthstones hidden somewhere in the ring.

I have attached the inspiration pictures--many from the PS family--- and David's preliminary CAD.

We are starting on dialing in the ER replacement first, and then the band. He asked if I wanted the shank a bit thicker, and I do. I have also asked for a little bit of "bling" worked into the basket, and we are trying to figure out how to incorporate my three daughter's birthstones (Sept-blue sapphire; June-Alexandrite; and May-emerald).

Have not even discussed prongs--so suggestions welcome!

Since this is my first rodeo, I would love your suggestions, reviews, moral support :)

Thank you so much!!
IMG_5654 (1) (2).jpg IMG_4786 (2) (5) (1) (2) (2) (1) (1) (1).jpg IMG_5668 (1) (1) (1).jpg DK 102407.png DK 102407-QUAD-1.png

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see the gemstones incorporated as leaves. I'll update with some inspiration pics

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
I'd love to see the gemstones incorporated as leaves. I'll update with some inspiration pics

Ooh, that would be great! I can add my husband's if having an even number is easier :)

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
For inspiration:
Screenshot_20240421-113942~2.png
Credit to Casie for the first, greenlake for the second, and brilliant earth for the last.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421-114210.png
    Screenshot_20240421-114210.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240421-113916~2.png
    Screenshot_20240421-113916~2.png
    600.7 KB · Views: 7

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of the multi-shaped one from BE, possibly substituting one of the rounds for a pear so that it emphases that each of your kids is an individual

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Careful about holding the lily! Sometimes less is more.

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Okay so here is the latest update:

David "widened" the band a little bit, and we looked at different ways to insert the birthstones. He sent the drawing below--one suggestions as three little stones--see below--either diamonds or birthstones. We talked about instead of 3 little diamonds, just one larger one (less fragile)--and perhaps doing one different with the three small birthstones. Or, bury them in the shank-lol!

What are your thoughts? Haven't started working on the band yet--but I am a little concerned that the small diamonds on the outside won't be "durable".
DK 102407-QUAD-2.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Careful about holding the lily! Sometimes less is more.

“Gilding the lily”! Yeesh autocorrect.

And in that sentiment I like the plain shank on the solitaire especially combined with the diamond band. If you want birthstones I might put them inside the band, as a hidden detail.

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
“Gilding the lily”! Yeesh autocorrect.

And in that sentiment I like the plain shank on the solitaire especially combined with the diamond band. If you want birthstones I might put them inside the band, as a hidden detail.

I knew what you meant-lol! I agree that the birthstones should either be on the inside of the shank, or perhaps on the underside of the basket. In either case, I want to add a little bit of diamond melee' to the underside of the basket. I found this example of a little bit of birthstone hidden in the basket. There looks like 4 places I could add stones under the basket to the ring being designed--perhaps 3 spots diamond and 1 birthstone (three small)? Or just hide them in the shank? IMG_5874.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew what you meant-lol! I agree that the birthstones should either be on the inside of the shank, or perhaps on the underside of the basket. In either case, I want to add a little bit of diamond melee' to the underside of the basket. I found this example of a little bit of birthstone hidden in the basket. There looks like 4 places I could add stones under the basket to the ring being designed--perhaps 3 spots diamond and 1 birthstone (three small)? Or just hide them in the shank? IMG_5874.jpg

Either of those options could work. Maybe visualize the ring on your finger with either all diamonds or a splash of other colors. What would you prefer to gaze at?

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Either of those options could work. Maybe visualize the ring on your finger with either all diamonds or a splash of other colors. What would you prefer to gaze at?

Hmm, I wonder if I put the birthstones in just one small area in the basket, that I would be able to see them (have that part of the ring facing me) but they would not be visible for others? I would do it that way, but I don't think I want a kaleidoscope of colors all over the underside of the basket that everyone could see--in that case I would hide them in the shank on the inside.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results