shape
carat
color
clarity

first colored stone project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I''m thinking about starting my first colored ring project. I want it to be a three stone ring with a colored stone as the center and two smaller diamonds as the sides. As far as the center stone, I think I would like a round stone in the light blue to light blue/green family that is about in the .8 to .9 carat range. Since this will be a ring I wear often, I don''t want it to overshadow my e-ring (which is a 1.07 square cushion.) I think I would like the sides to be about .25 or .3 each. Any advice on what types of colored stones would be best to look into? What vendors should I look at? Who should I get the diamonds and setting through?

Am advice much appreciated!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''ll wear it often, I''d suggest sapphires or spinels, both come in lovely colors and are durable stones for much-worn rings.

There are many popular vendors on Pricescope that do custom jewelery, some (like Wink) will even help you find the center stone.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember that a 1ct garnet or spinel etc is not the same size as a 1ct diamond. Cts are a measure of weight. And some stones weigh less than diamonds so you get a bigger stone that''s listed as the same ct weight.

So start thinking in terms of mm size. Just like a 1.07 ct princess is alot smaller in mm size than a 1.07 round diamond, different shaped stones will give you a different look too.

As for your color that suggests Aquamarine and Sapphire and Spinel to me. To wear every day Sapphire and Spinel are the ones to pick.

HTH

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I agree with stone hunter for spinels and sapphires as they are more durable. You should check out Dan Stair has he has lot of pastel colors right now.

www.customgemstones.com

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Vanadium chrysoberyl is also worth considering when it comes to your desired color, size and durability.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

From the sound of it, you are planning to wear this ring often. Therefore, I recommend sapphire and spinel. Coloured gemstones measure quite a bit smaller than most diamonds, therefore it’s a good idea to pay attention to the dimensions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results