shape
carat
color
clarity

First buy - Which of these 3 diamonds is best for a solitary?

Tweedi

Rough_Rock
Hi All

Been reading here for a while and now it's time to pull the trigger. I'd like to ask your expert opinions about these 3 stones before ordering. It will be a solitary with likely a platinum setting (could be gold but more likely platinum so color matters).

1.7 ct - F - VVS2 - ratio 1.15 (GIA) - $3k per ct
This one looks the cleanest to me. I like that the certificate is from GIA, I'm shooting for a square shape so the 1.15 ratio is on the high side. it says F color but it does not look much darker than the other two?

1.64 ct - E - VVS2 - ratio 1.05 (GIA) - $2.9k per ct
The specs look good and its from GIA but the diamond looks dull in the photo? Seems to reflect the light a lot loss, am I mistaken?

1.72 ct - D - VVS1 - ratio 1.06 (IGI) - $4.3 per ct
Good ratio, best color and clarity of the 3 but from a less reputable lab. It does look very good though. Price is quite steeper than the other 2. I can still afford it but am curious if you agree that it's worth more than the other two?

Thanks a ton!

brilliant57

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi All

Been reading here for a while and now it's time to pull the trigger. I'd like to ask your expert opinions about these 3 stones before ordering. It will be a solitary with likely a platinum setting (could be gold but more likely platinum so color matters).

1.7 ct - F - VVS2 - ratio 1.15 (GIA) - $3k per ct
This one looks the cleanest to me. I like that the certificate is from GIA, I'm shooting for a square shape so the 1.15 ratio is on the high side. it says F color but it does not look much darker than the other two?

1.64 ct - E - VVS2 - ratio 1.05 (GIA) - $2.9k per ct
The specs look good and its from GIA but the diamond looks dull in the photo? Seems to reflect the light a lot loss, am I mistaken?

1.72 ct - D - VVS1 - ratio 1.06 (IGI) - $4.3 per ct
Good ratio, best color and clarity of the 3 but from a less reputable lab. It does look very good though. Price is quite steeper than the other 2. I can still afford it but am curious if you agree that it's worth more than the other two?

Thanks a ton!
All three look like the are made of very clear good quality diamond material, so that's a good start.

Two have a "crushed ice" look, whereas the elongated cushion is a brilliant "non-crushed-ice" cut. Elongated cushions are all the rage at the moment, as are non crushed ice cushions. I see that one (1.7 F VVS2) is no longer available.

Such high clarity looks great in high definition video, but provides little visual benefit over VS1, or even many VS2 diamonds. VS1 is supposed to always be eye-clean and the same can be said for almost all VS2 diamonds.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like cushions with defined facets, so here are some alternatives to consider (keep in mind, the cameras are black, so when facing forward, you'll see the diamonds reflecting black)
DimendScaasi has very lovely settings:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results