shape
carat
color
clarity

Fire Droplet Mokume Gane ring with peach sapphire

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I ordered a custom stormlight cut peach sapphire from Stag & Finch, and had it put into a custom mokume gane ring created by Arn Krebs. I got pictures of the finished ring today. It’s in the Fire metal color palette, and the droplet pattern, with an oxidized finish. The peach sapphire looks pinkish in the ring, whereas it was definitely more peach/ orange loose. But I think it’s beautiful! I don’t have words! It just looks so cool and unique, I wanted to share
A16CB5BD-FB90-445D-B40C-7DF075C5AEC5.jpeg 0F24D13E-275A-4D2C-8EF0-68D6DC99135E.jpeg 82EDC0FB-F344-454E-A49C-9BF67BDD52FC.jpeg

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I ordered a custom stormlight cut peach sapphire from Stag & Finch, and had it put into a custom mokume gane ring created by Arn Krebs. I got pictures of the finished ring today. It’s in the Fire metal color palette, and the droplet pattern, with an oxidized finish. The peach sapphire looks pinkish in the ring, whereas it was definitely more peach/ orange loose. But I think it’s beautiful! I don’t have words! It just looks so cool and unique, I wanted to share
A16CB5BD-FB90-445D-B40C-7DF075C5AEC5.jpeg 0F24D13E-275A-4D2C-8EF0-68D6DC99135E.jpeg 82EDC0FB-F344-454E-A49C-9BF67BDD52FC.jpeg

Wow!! I love that setting!! It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see your pictures once you have it in hand!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I LOVE that setting. goodness gracious is that stunning! i think this is one of my favorite rings on pricescope

Last edited:

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! I love that setting!! It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see your pictures once you have it in hand!

Thank you, I love how it turned out & I can’t wait to see it in real life!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
That is so cool!!! Looking forward to the hand shots!

SaltedCaramel

Rough_Rock
This is really beautiful, wow!! Thanks for sharing the eye candy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fabulous!
I love mokume gane.
It's lovely with the sapphire!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your kind words! I should have this by Saturday, if delivery isn’t delayed. I’ll post plenty of pictures!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Edit to give Jason Wessel credit for the photos, which are awesome

Thanks everyone for your comments!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
OMG
I LOVE it. Beautiful stone, and I just loooove that ring.

I love it so much, that I hope to set my sapphire with Arn in the future! So thank you for sharing!

Thanks so much! His staff was very helpful, and great to work with. This project took about 9 weeks from when I sent him the sapphire to getting the finished ring, but it’s so worth it for this gorgeous piece of art on my finger! I feel like this is truly one of a kind, something that will never be exactly replicated. It’s so beautiful.

Good luck, I hope you build an amazing ring!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! His staff was very helpful, and great to work with. This project took about 9 weeks from when I sent him the sapphire to getting the finished ring, but it’s so worth it for this gorgeous piece of art on my finger! I feel like this is truly one of a kind, something that will never be exactly replicated. It’s so beautiful.

Good luck, I hope you build an amazing ring!

Thanks for the insight - given price point (I had budgeted far less for a setting) it'll be a while before I pull the trigger....but I will look at your ring in the meantime to quell my appetite! :kiss2:

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the insight - given price point (I had budgeted far less for a setting) it'll be a while before I pull the trigger....but I will look at your ring in the meantime to quell my appetite! :kiss2:

For sure, they are more than conventional settings. This is my birthday & Christmas gift, and last jewelry project for quite a while! I was able to split up the payments over about 5 months, which did help me.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So cool! Just absolutely lovely.
Also, you sent me down a rabbit hole to check this style out :lol:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This positively glows! Such a unique setting. What did you think of the color of the peach sapphire? I know they can look a little pinkish but did it remain peach looking in person once it was set in the bezel? I almost went for a peach Asscher that Bryan had.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
This positively glows! Such a unique setting. What did you think of the color of the peach sapphire? I know they can look a little pinkish but did it remain peach looking in person once it was set in the bezel? I almost went for a peach Asscher that Bryan had.

I really like the sapphire. It looks peach to me most of the time, honestly the only time it looks pink is in the listing photos that Arn’s studio took. It varies with the light, of course. Sometimes it almost has a silvery look straight on, but I think that’s the facet cut, and only in certain light. It can take on coppery tones, but it’s peach for the most part. There’s a video at the bottom on my imgur album, where I catch the light through the bezel.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Jaw drop, what a perfect blend of well cut stone and drop dead gorgeous setting.

Love the detailing.

Thanks so much! I’m really enjoying it. I can’t wait to get the Covid vaccination so I can wear it out somewhere besides the grocery store!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO COOL!! The pink is beautiful, and that setting is sublime. What a fabulous combo!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results