shape
carat
color
clarity

Finished Ring setting looks uneven, scratched. Jewellers says it is not. Is this normal?

Bunny Appreciator

Rough_Rock
9A7E40A6-08BB-4C83-8323-05712D5F6B70.jpeg

I’m not going to say who made this setting or the LGD set in it as we are not yet finished with the process and would like to keep it anon for the time being.

I’ve received this photo of my engagement ring minus the melee gems (that’s another issue altogether). The main gem looks amazing. But the setting seems unfinished, uneven and asymmetrical. The prongs aren’t looking good at all.

we have asked for a more hd photo which the jewellers have refused as the one they’ve given us is already hd.

The whole process has made me stress out a lot. Seeing this setting made me happy initially but the more I look at the flaws the more dubious I feel. Please help.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is pre polish and pre melee setting, so it's hard to compare to a finished piece. But I agree the prongs look poorly done

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps. Its not common for vendors to show pics at this stage bc pieces dont look great like this. But I agree with your concern about the prongs. The evenness is hard to say because of the top and bottom having the one stone that is higher up than the rest (kind of like a triangle on top and bottom). So my guess is that it's hard to set the ring down "straight".

Bunny Appreciator

Rough_Rock
Strangely enough the sides look better polished: 1B420CBD-3C5D-4C43-8C68-E4E0C71F1307.jpeg

It has already gone through the pre polish stage according to the jewellers. This is the finished product (minus melee ofc)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I replied in your other thread.
Maybe ask the admin to combine them?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results