shape
carat
color
clarity

Finished Ring Pics- AVC Micro-Pave Halo from ERD...Comments?

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
Hi,

For everyone who follwed my posts with the custom setting of my AVC, here is an update.

We are due to get the ring tomorrow, and I've VERY nervous!! :sick:

Mark first only sent me one pic, a sideview of the ring, which, upon first thought, It wasnt what I expected. I wanted the struts to come almost to the edge of the halo, with more of an arch to them as well.

And then, It also looked as if my fear I had all along, after seeing another PSer go through it, a un-even, or messy craftsmanship to the pave work, happened to mine also! "TO ME",,, It lookes as if both sides of the shank are different thicknesses, or at least, something is off with the shank on the right of the ring...

BUTTTTT...., these were just my first thoughts,,, I calmed down, and gave the benifit of the doubt to them, and told myself, it "MAY" just be the angle the picture is taken. The ring does seem to be slightly tilted back, as I can see the opening of the donut, so this would make the halo appear differently.

So..., I asked Mark for a few more pics, which he had to make me wait, because he didnt have a female hand model available! LOL!

So yesterday, his Daughter stopped by, and the 2 hand pics are of the ring on her hand.. (Mind you my ring sz is HUGEEE 8.75..LOL :(( )

First impression??/ I thought its looked very nice! My 1.28ct AVC looks HUGEEE!

Then, Im trying to zoom in for better detail, as these "the ring from a far" pics are all he sent, and I could not. They were somehow resized, and I'm unable to crop & zoom. That was weird! My Fiance wondered why we didnt receive "CLose ups"...

But in looking the ring over,,, AGAIN, I notice,, wwll, again, "To ME", it looks as if there is a big difference to each side of the shank.

Am I seeing things? (please tell me its in my head.. LOL! hahaha!) Does one side seem thinner, and the other thicker? Does one side seem to, instead of going in a straight melee, sort of slightly curve right after it meets the halo?

My Fiance told me not to get worked up about it until we see it in person, and I totally agree,, it may just be the pictures.., I mean I cant even see ANY proof that there are diamonds in the shank.., no brilliance coming from them, so I'm hoping its just bad pics, and I'm trying to tell myself this is the case, and not to judge yet, but then what if it really is faulty??? Then what?? :errrr:

Dont get me wrong,, I understand it is a CUSTOM piece.. I dont EXPECT perfection... But if I can tell in a far away pic, that one side is thicker, and its worst in person,, I'm not sure I could be comfortable with that.. I dont want to live with feeling embarrased when someone asks to see it, and it looks cheap because its sloppy. Does anyone know what I'm saying? Or do I sound like a total "B"! I dont want to be!! And if there is issues with the ring, I dont even know how I would tell Mark. I'd feel like crap. He gave me a great deal, I think,, and I dont like to me a pain in the @ss.

I'm just hoping all my concerns are wrong when I see the ring.. I have a family event Sat, and the way my Fiance was asking if the ring would be here THIS week, tells me he has something planned this weekend. AHHHH!

Anywaysssss,,, what do you think? Please tell me I'm imagining it all and it will be just PERFECT!! Haha!

MyringHandshot1.jpg

MyringHandshot2.jpg

MyRingSideView.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Re: Finished Ring Pics- AVC Micro-Pave Halo from ERD...Comme

I do think you are being worked up over nothing - granted, they are average pics - but I can't see what you are describing.

I suggest asking for some better (straighter, not on the hand) photos, or just wait until you can inspect it in person.
IF there is something wrong, do not be afraid to tell your vendor - no matter how much of a good price you think you got, it is only
good if you love the ring.

Best of luck.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you should get the ring in your possession look it over, have your BF/fiance do his thing (if you say its this weekend) otherwise discuss with your BF it the proposal doesn't happen to send it back sooner, contact your vendor about any problems or issues... its more clearer to take your own pictures and show them what you thought/wanted to have done.

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

arjunajane said:
I do think you are being worked up over nothing - granted, they are average pics - but I can't see what you are describing.

I suggest asking for some better (straighter, not on the hand) photos, or just wait until you can inspect it in person.
IF there is something wrong, do not be afraid to tell your vendor - no matter how much of a good price you think you got, it is only
good if you love the ring.

Best of luck.

Thank you!

I think I'm being too judgemental also, and I'll probably have nothing to worry about. Thats why I didnt want to bother him asking for more picks.. He had to have his daughter come down!! I told him I would have been happy with them in the tweezers oe on his pinky!! lol.. He said he didnt want to show me it on a guys hand! :lol:

He is shipping it today, and we will have it tomorrow. I KNOW I'm most likely stressing over nothing. I really am sorry if I'm coming off sounding CRAZZZY :loopy: , I'm just nervous I think!

As far as if something is wrong,, I would feel as its my fault, as I loved the "V-Cut" pave design to JbEG's Kylie Halo, so after seeing the CAD renderings, I asked for that difference, and he said it was fine,, but I'm not sure if this may have been out of his jewelers comfort zone,, as it seems to differ than the V pave on the Kylie.

But Like I said,, I dont expect perfection... It is custom made. I just want the ring to look symmetrical.

I do ADMIT that I am being overly judgemental, BUT,, they are just "First impression
Thoughts".., Not my true feelings, as I will leave the judging to when I see it in person first!

I do think it Looks BEAUUUTIFUL on her hand! :love:

It looks a lot warmer (more yellow...OOPS!! SHHHH!! Dont tell GOG that I used the word "Yellow"! hahaha), in the pics,, but it seems to be a reflection of body color... Plus the office lighting doesnt help, right?? haha!

I will update everyone tomorrow... Most likely with how much an @SS I was,, for wrongly assuming the worst! (I hope this is the case!)

legra

Brilliant_Rock

I think it looks lovely in the photos and can only imagine it will look even better in person. Hopefully you will be thrilled with it once it is on your hand. If there are still issues once you've had a chance to inspect the ring in person I'm sure that ERD will address these and do what is needed to make you happy. Try not to worry and enjoy your upcoming weekend with your hubby.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock

I think it looks beautiful and I don't see anything wrong with it! Keep us updated, I can't wait to see pics of it on YOUR hand :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think it looks great in the photos. If you see it in person and are not happy, then call and ask them to fix it. Do not feel guilty, just ask.

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock

Overall, the ring looks awesome. To me, however, the right shank in the first photo looks slightly asymmetrical. It could just be the camera angle; see it in person, and if it's not right, I'm sure they will fix it.

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

anonymous1insocal said:
Overall, the ring looks awesome. To me, however, the right shank in the first photo looks slightly asymmetrical. It could just be the camera angle; see it in person, and if it's not right, I'm sure they will fix it.

Thank you!!! Proves I'm not seeing things! Haha! :bigsmile:
That's what I see, right after the bottom of the basket, the right shank seeing to indent down a little,,, then when looking at the hand shots on my iPhone, I can pinch the screen and zoom in, and that same right side area, looks slightly irregular, like instead of flowing smoothly, it does a very, very slight "s" pattern. (this is the only way I can think to describe it,, )

But yes, we will see it tomorrow, I hope I'm wrong, or it just doesn't look that bad enough to have it fixed. I don't want to wait any longer!!! That will stink!!

And thanks, I too do think the diamond and halo look BEAUUUTIFUL!! :love:

bricklayer

Rough_Rock

From the way it's positioned in these photos I cannot see what you are talking about. I do hope that when you receive it that it's just your eye playing tricks.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

it does look like the left side of the ring in the picture is thicker than the right, but i think it's just the angle of the ring in the box. but in the handshots, the ring looks perfect and beautiful! we all strive for perfect, especially when it is a beautiful piece of jewelry. but having minor flaws here and there make your ring unique! i would just sit tight and see what it looks like when it's on your hand :)) congrats on a beautiful piece!

Supers

Shiny_Rock

I can't see the problem and am not sure what I'm looking for, but that ring is gorgeous.
Haloing the AVC really does make it look huge - looks like more coverage than I've got on my 1.28 AVC.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock

anonymous1insocal said:

I think that is the camera angle. The picture doesn't look straight on exactly.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

sweetpea&babycorn said:
it does look like the left side of the ring in the picture is thicker than the right, but i think it's just the angle of the ring in the box. but in the handshots, the ring looks perfect and beautiful! we all strive for perfect, especially when it is a beautiful piece of jewelry. but having minor flaws here and there make your ring unique! i would just sit tight and see what it looks like when it's on your hand :)) congrats on a beautiful piece!

this exactly- I can see it too. But in person it may not be a problem, don't worry. It is amazingly gorgeous!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

I think that is the camera angle. The picture doesn't look straight on exactly.[/quote]

Yes, it is on a slight angle,, cause we can see the inside to the right shank, that's why it it appears thinner in height..

That's not what I see that concerns me.. It's in the hand shots. What I "think",, and I EMPHASIZE "think", I see that looks a bit off, it the top of each shank that sits right against the halo, (the melée area), the right looks a bit thicker, as in wider, where as the left side shank against the halo looks slim right against the halo, then appears to "graduate" a bit thicker...

BUT LISTEN TO ME!!!
ENOUGH SAID ABOUT WHAT I "THINK" MIGHT BE A WRONG!!!! Let me shut up about it!! Lol
We'll have it tomorrow, and then we'll see.. I may not even care if it is a bit off once I see it on, ya know??

I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch!!
Haha! (though I do hope the Round Brilliants really are BRILLIANT! lol
My Stupid @ss didn't ever ask him what clarity they'd be! I'm hoping they are VS! Could you even see flaws in such tiny stones???

Also, this may be a dumb question, but,, all that the bill of sale says, is that the ring consists of .58 points..
Do points = ct? Lol!!! I dunno! Haha! The only homework I did, was for my center stone!! Hehe!!

Keep an eye out for pics,,, though it kinda STINKS BIG TIME!!, because he has it being shipped to a FedEx location Downtown in the city, and not to our home, and my Fiancé works 3rd shift, a 12hr shift, comes home at 6:30am, and sleeps til 1-2pm!! So I'll be waiting!! (I think I'll try to wake him up for 12!! Haha!
He's not liking the idea of going Downtown,,, as there is NO parking! I told him I'll drop him off, and circle a few blocks!! Ahhhhaha! :lol:

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and making me feel some reassurance! ;))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can tell you from personal experience that photos can be deceptive. You won't really know what you have until you have it in your hands in front of your own eyes.

Yes, .58 pts are 58/100 ct. Fifty eight parts of one hundred points which equal a carat.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Come back DM, and tell us about your ring!

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock

okay - i know why it is appearing not symmetrical to you....
and I double checked with my husband who is a professional photographer.
its the lighting.
unless a straight on or ring flash was used which i highly doubt .. and it was a lighting source even slightly off to one side.. it's going to make the ring appear as it does.

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

gemgirl said:
Come back DM, and tell us about your ring!

HAHA! too funny!! :lol:

OK-OK!!!
quick update as today's my sons birthday party, and sorry, yesterday was another party!! Geesshhh! No time!!

Let me just say.., I AM IN LOVEEEE!!! The ring was BETTER than I expected! So dainty, yet detailed! My AVC looks twice as big to me!! The halo is perfect! Just right to accent the AVC, and not take away from it.

I had tears in my eyes looking at it! I have my "Dream Ring"!!

BUTTTT..., in my own defense,, what I saw in the pics, is true, the melee on the ring does sort of almost go in a swirl pattern, (for ex., the top near the halo may slighty be more to the left of the shank, then gradually turn to slightly be on the right a little.. BUT THE RING IS SOOO dainty, that it's not an issue to me. It's MY custom ring! It's perfect to me!!

Though one thing I almost missed, but noticed last night, is, on one side of the shank, right where it meets the donut, the very first melee hole is missing a RB! Lol.. It doesn't look like it fell out, it looks as if it was just never filled, I checked the other side, there is one, but this side has a divit with the sharp prong sticking up.
BY ALL MEANS,,, you cannot see this unless you turned the ring and scoped it out,, I noticed in on a my finger. That's why in the first pic, where I say the right part of the shank against the halo looked shorter, or sort of pressed in, I guess because there was actually no stone height! Lol

Now, it doesn't bother me, but when I think of my "Brand New" expensive piece of jewelry already missing a diamond, I sort of don't like that, but I don't feel it's right to have to make Mark pay shipping on bother ends, to set a probably $20 stone!!

OHH!! BTW!!
My Fiancé, who really had nothing to do with the design process, or speaking to Mark, SECRETLY snuck and emailed Mark behind my back, and asked him incorporate something special from him, and had him put our birthstones as secret stones together inside the shank!!! No you know where the tears came into the picture!! What a sneak!! He must have browsed my PS site and saw it on a ring, because he doesn't know these things!!

It's sooo special to me. He said he needed to feel a part of the ring more! Lol

I LOVE HIM!!

As for pics,,, boy! You PSers aren't kidding when you say pics do no justice! I tried to snap one quickly last night, but it didn't work out. I have to wait for him to give it to me,, I'm almost 99.9% sure he's doing it today at the party!! ( I think he will loveee to show it off and be proud!! Haha

I promise pics today, or tomorrow morning the latest!!! (sorry!) I'm already wasting valuable time!! Ahhh!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is gorgeous! I am glad you waited to judge it based on a real life view. Handmade pieces don't always do well being magnified 100 times! I'd have him fix the missing stone, though. That would drive me nuts. Otherwise, I think the ring looks perfect (and I am super picky!).

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so glad you love it! Agreed, I would get the stone replaced asap! That would drive me crazy too.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

STUNNING ring! Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lottie80

Rough_Rock

Wow DvotedMOMMY your ring looks stunning!!!!

I love AVC!!

I read in your earlier post that your AVC is a K colour. Can you notice the creaminess of the K next the the malee cut diamonds??

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

Lottie80 said:
Wow DvotedMOMMY your ring looks stunning!!!!

I love AVC!!

I read in your earlier post that your AVC is a K colour. Can you notice the creaminess of the K next the the malee cut diamonds??

My diamond looks icy white unless I'm in yucky lighting, like in the bathroom! Haha, then I see it!

I think Mark used "I" color melee, to help it blend better.

It's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

****UPDATE******

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!! :appl: :razz: :bigsmile:

He called everyone near after we sang Happy Birthday to my 11 yr old son, and I was cutting the cake, he called everyone around, told them all how much he loved me, got down on one knee, ( I had a loud audience after that!), and he pulled out the ring, and everyone screamed, OMG!!!!, my sisters cried along with me, ( BTW,, I busted out in tears the minute I looked in his eyes and knew what he was doing!! Lol).. It was so perfect! He told everyone about his idea to add something special to the ring to add his love to the ring, (our birthstones), and they asked to see, made me instantly take the ring off, my mom took it, and her, my aunts, & sisters, where hovered around it! I had to fight to get it back! Haha!

My sisters that cried said what he did, how he did it, was so sweet and special that it made them cry! Lol

I was crying so bad, hugged him tight, and couldn't let him go!

I LOVEEE HIM!! :love:

Now... Drum roll please.... Bahdumpbump!

I'll be back with pics in 5 minutes!!! I don't think I can't upload from my iPhone!! Lol

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006 said:
Your ring is gorgeous! I am glad you waited to judge it based on a real life view. Handmade pieces don't always do well being magnified 100 times! I'd have him fix the missing stone, though. That would drive me nuts. Otherwise, I think the ring looks perfect (and I am super picky!).

I too would just get the missing melee fixed!

Can't wait for pics!

Melissa675

Rough_Rock

Absolutely love your ring!!! Was just wondering if you knew how big your diamonds were in your halo? 0.5, 1 pointers or 2 pointers? Thanks love your ring once again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results