shape
carat
color
clarity

Finger Size Fretting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little bit worried that my 7.5 size finger will make my ring look smaller than it does off my hand...

My FF and I are pretty set on getting a 1.22 cushion cut with a tiny delicate halo. I''m NOT by ANY means saying that a 1.2ct is a small diamond- I''m just scared that my finger won''t do it justice.

I''ve looked at the ring/finger size chart, but I don''t really know what a good finger coverage ratio is. I know there is no way to change the circumstances, I''m just wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation. I feel stupid about this, but I just want my ring to look like it was meant for my finger! Who knows- I could just be jumping the gun and it will be the PERFECT size on my finger!
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My advice would be to go and try lots of rings on. That way you will know what looks good on you. I have a 1ct round brilliant diamond in a halo setting and it looks huge on my size 7.5 finger.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my ring...

maisiehalo112.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry too much about it. A 1.22 is a pretty sunbstantial stone already, and on top of that you''re putting it in a halo. That should be plenty of ring to cover any size finger. You said it would be a tiny delicate halo, if you''re super concerned you could maybe slightly increase the size of the halo. But I wouldn''t worry about it, 7.5 is not that big anyway. Don''t forget to post pics when you''ve got it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Relax. It will not look too small.
1.gif

HariSeldon

Shiny_Rock

Just curious... what is a good finger coverage percentage? I''ve seen the ct vs ring size finger coverage table in one of the other threads and was just wondering what percentage ranges are good/bad. I know its slightly subjective but just wanted to hear the experts take on it.

here''s the table I''m talking about...

skinny9874.jpg

HariSeldon

Shiny_Rock
duh!
20.gif
just noticed the color bands on the table... are those signifying excellent, good, and poor percentages?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
There is no ideal or good ring size coverage, one persons excellent coverage is another persons too much coverage iykwim. the main point is that you are happy. Have a look at similar rings and see if that is suitable for you and your lifestyle.

Cant wait to see the ring

35.gif

d2b

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think a 1.2 is plenty big especially with a halo. The smaller more delicate bands seem to make the diamond look alot bigger. Good luck!!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 1:51:52 PM
Author: HariSeldon

Just curious... what is a good finger coverage percentage? I''ve seen the ct vs ring size finger coverage table in one of the other threads and was just wondering what percentage ranges are good/bad. I know its slightly subjective but just wanted to hear the experts take on it.

Does anyone know what the color bands on the table mean?
33.gif
I wear a sz 7 and was not considering a halo until now.
Thanks for the info. - BB

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Just curious... what is a good finger coverage percentage? I've seen the ct vs ring size finger coverage table in one of the other threads and was just wondering what percentage ranges are good/bad. I know its slightly subjective but just wanted to hear the experts take on it.

here's the table I'm talking about...

Pls everyone, don't let a table tell you what size diamond you should get!!
This is meant as an indication only, to give an idea of what a potential size may look like on an estimate of finger size, not intended to be a guide for what is "ideal" or "good" by any stretch !
6.gif

Get whatever size stone makes you happy, suits your hand and lifestyle, and of course fits your budget. It is 150 % subjective - of course there is the marketing that tells us you need at least a ct - but thats all it is, marketing.

5.gif

HariSeldon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 8:35:11 AM
Author: arjunajane

Pls everyone, don''t let a table tell you what size diamond you should get!!
This is meant as an indication only, to give an idea of what a potential size may look like on an estimate of finger size, not intended to be a guide for what is ''ideal'' or ''good'' by any stretch !
6.gif

Get whatever size stone makes you happy, suits your hand and lifestyle, and of course fits your budget. It is 150 % subjective - of course there is the marketing that tells us you need at least a ct - but thats all it is, marketing.

5.gif

thats good and all when youre buying the ring for yourself and can make that decision on your own personal preference. However, I''m buying for my FF and intend on making HER happy.

Like I said, I know this is mostly subjective. BUT there has to be some quantitative data out there that tells you what the statistics of average consumer coverage percentages based on engagement ring purchase trends. If not there should be... it would help guys out a friggin ton esp if they are planning on surprising their FF and have no input on their preference. right now we are left asking "how big is too big" or "how small is too small" with the majority of responses on here being "bigger is always better in my book" yet these are people that have like 3 ct rings and aren''t average consumers imho. i def know a lot of girls that do not agree with them. many people would find huge rings on tiny fingers too gaudy and overzealous.

imo data like that would be a good tool to 1) point guys in the right direction, 2) save them some cash by being able to make an educated size decision with real data as opposed to always hearing "bigger is always bigger". 3) get an idea of how it would look on their FF''s finger before he puts it on it
28.gif

just $0.02 from an normal guy''s POV...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results