shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater Spess & Citrine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Hey again all!

Thanks for all your previous knowledge. I''ve found it most useful, and ended up making an offer on a couple of Gary''s stones at Finewater Gems.

So, I got the Portuguese cut spessartite garnet and the trillium citrine, which had both been up for a while. I was surprised about how close the website colours are to the stones (although there''s no black ring in the spess, as shown in the vendor picture)!

One thing this has taught me is that there are many shades of orange - "bright orange" doesn''t necessarily mean Dan Stair''s "brighter orange", but can mean bright golden-orange.

This one is really bright, and really glows! I''ll upload my pictures soon.

finewatercollage.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh so now I know who bought the citrine
9.gif
. I was looking at that one, asked Gary if had another rough similar to that color. I love both of them!
30.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It looks super glowy!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 10:34:14 AM
Author: D&T
oh so now I know who bought the citrine
9.gif
. I was looking at that one, asked Gary if had another rough similar to that color. I love both of them!
30.gif

Sorry to steal it! It is beautiful, though, although does have the odd hint of green occasionally. Perhaps I'm just imagining it there. I knew you were looking forward to seeing at least the spess, so thought I should really actually take some pictures, and collate them!

I've made a collage of the spess. It's mostly in fluorescent lighting, although there is some halogen spotlighting shots in there. I'll have to take some in the sun later, but they tend to go golden like the halogen shots. In low lighting, it can look like close to my finger colour - I'm not sure if that's a problem or not.

I'll try the citrine tomorrow, most likely.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Note to self: attach pictures *before* writing reply.

finewatercollagesmall.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your spess is gorgeous, I''m really loving the Portuguese cut and the color is so bright. I''m also looking forward to your citrine as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how it glows! Beautiful gemstones. I am very glad to finally see Gary's pictures look like the stones in person.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!! I think they''re both lovely!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s like "spessartite mania" around here lately - LOL!! I love your new spess and citrine. I think they''re both exceptionately well cut, and the spessartite is very bright and glowy.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Very nice color and flash :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I saw the spess on his site and thought it was really beautiful. I am so happy you got it. Your citrine is lovely too.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 5:49:55 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wow, it''s like ''spessartite mania'' around here lately - LOL!! I love your new spess and citrine. I think they''re both exceptionately well cut, and the spessartite is very bright and glowy.

I loooove spess mania
36.gif

gorgeous stones, magenta!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, both stones are beautiful, but I love that spess glow!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'd like to see more pictures of the citrine, please. Is it really that amazing yellow color?

Pretty stones.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all who replied! I'm glad you all like them!
4.gif

Date: 6/11/2009 12:02:07 PM
Author: Chrono
I love how it glows! Beautiful gemstones. I am very glad to finally see Gary's pictures look like the stones in person.

Indeed. What I'm surprised about is that his pictures don't look like the stones under halogen spotlights, like most of the other vendors tend to look - Barry and Dan's, at least. These are certainly the closest in colour to the fluorescent light versions of the stone - which works out nicely for such colours, but is worth being aware of.

Date: 6/11/2009 5:49:55 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wow, it's like 'spessartite mania' around here lately - LOL!! I love your new spess and citrine. I think they're both exceptionately well cut, and the spessartite is very bright and glowy.

Bring on the spessartite mania! Lots of eye candy is great! I still find it hard to believe that there can be so much detail on stones this small! They do look extremely well cut!

Date: 6/11/2009 7:11:35 PM
Author: Linda W
It's gorgeous, I saw the spess on his site and thought it was really beautiful. I am so happy you got it. Your citrine is lovely too.

I've been admiring it for months, but thinking it was too expensive - then the Aussie dollar went back up again, and I made an offer on it after the sale - it ended up working really well! I'm so glad I eventually went back and got it too!
1.gif

Date: 6/11/2009 9:54:03 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Wow, both stones are beautiful, but I love that spess glow!

Mmmm, that glow is gorgeous. It looks quite like yours, in some lighting!

Date: 6/11/2009 9:56:23 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I'd like to see more pictures of the citrine, please. Is it really that amazing yellow color?

Pretty stones.

Coming right up. It's certainly golden, but not as yellow as the picture - or at least, i've not found it to be. I can get my camera to get shots that colour, but it's not a colour I currently see with my eyes. Once I get near the halogen lights again, i'll check there.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m just back to see if you got the other beautiful Citrine
9.gif
up yet

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 11:40:11 PM
i'm just back to see if you got the other beautiful Citrine
9.gif
up yet

Give me 10, and I'll have it posted... I got sidetracked with borrowing other gold rings in this house, and seeing how the spess looked with it.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Right. Now it's actually below 100kb! Enjoy the citrine
1.gif

The camera overexposes the yellow slightly, but it's pretty close! The middle is probably the closest that I see in ambient lighting.

finewatercollagecitrinesmall.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
man... I should've snatched it up instead of teeter totter... But I'm glad someone here got it so I'm quite content with the pictures. Thanks Magenta, It is GORGEOUS! now I can go sleep now
emmoon.gif
and dream of all the beautiful colored stones I've seen today...

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 12:10:50 AM
man... I should''ve snatched it up instead of teeter totter... But I''m glad someone here got it so I''m quite content with the pictures. Thanks Magenta, It is GORGEOUS! now I can go sleep now
emmoon.gif
and dream of all the beautiful colored stones I''ve seen today...

You''re welcome! Sweet dreams, full of gemstones! I guess I should take some photos of my three-stone garnet ring from Barry sometime, too.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great buys. Wearing the spess will be like wearing sunlight on your fingers!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
man... I should've snatched it up instead of teeter totter... But I'm glad someone here got it so I'm quite content with the pictures. Thanks Magenta, It is GORGEOUS! now I can go sleep now
emmoon.gif
and dream of all the beautiful colored stones I've seen today...
You snooze, you lose.
9.gif

Magenta,
Lovely citrine pictures. Thanks!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning colors!!!!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2009 8:20:37 AM
Author: Chrono

man... I should''ve snatched it up instead of teeter totter... But I''m glad someone here got it so I''m quite content with the pictures. Thanks Magenta, It is GORGEOUS! now I can go sleep now
emmoon.gif
and dream of all the beautiful colored stones I''ve seen today...
You snooze, you lose.
9.gif

Magenta,
Lovely citrine pictures. Thanks!
yeah, all fair game in the gem loving world
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results