shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
One of the Facetors we saw this weekend was Gary Braun of Finewater Gems. We have purchased several stones from him and it was nice to meet him in person. He brought some of his inventory and I have to tell you that anyone looking for Tsavorite should look at his website. That .95 he has on there is a traffic stopper. I have not seen a lot of Tsav''s, but this one should be at the top of your list if you are looking for one. The color change Sapphire is also not to be believed. The pic on his website is good, but in no way shows the sparkle that stone has. Gary is a super nice guy and I am sure he would take more pics if you are interested. I sure want to see both of those go to a PS''er!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I have only seen the pictures of the oval color changer.. and trust me, if it would work in the setting I have picked out, I would have bought that one a few months ago for my e-ring! I''m off to oogle it some more...
30.gif

NatalieE

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 12:38:14 PM
Author:Tropicmaster
One of the Facetors we saw this weekend was Gary Braun of Finewater Gems. We have purchased several stones from him and it was nice to meet him in person. He brought some of his inventory and I have to tell you that anyone looking for Tsavorite should look at his website. That .95 he has on there is a traffic stopper. I have not seen a lot of Tsav''s, but this one should be at the top of your list if you are looking for one. The color change Sapphire is also not to be believed. The pic on his website is good, but in no way shows the sparkle that stone has. Gary is a super nice guy and I am sure he would take more pics if you are interested. I sure want to see both of those go to a PS''er!

Hi Tropicmaster..

We were looking on his page and loved both those stones you mentioned, although the stone in your avatar looks just like what we are looking for
3.gif
. Can you tell me what it is and the size.. Looks amazing..

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 2:34:05 PM
Author: NatalieE

Date: 7/26/2009 12:38:14 PM
Author:Tropicmaster
One of the Facetors we saw this weekend was Gary Braun of Finewater Gems. We have purchased several stones from him and it was nice to meet him in person. He brought some of his inventory and I have to tell you that anyone looking for Tsavorite should look at his website. That .95 he has on there is a traffic stopper. I have not seen a lot of Tsav's, but this one should be at the top of your list if you are looking for one. The color change Sapphire is also not to be believed. The pic on his website is good, but in no way shows the sparkle that stone has. Gary is a super nice guy and I am sure he would take more pics if you are interested. I sure want to see both of those go to a PS'er!

Hi Tropicmaster..

We were looking on his page and loved both those stones you mentioned, although the stone in your avatar looks just like what we are looking for
3.gif
. Can you tell me what it is and the size.. Looks amazing..
Hey Natalie, The stone in my avatar is a 7mm, 1.9 ct unheated Sapphire. We had it custom cut by Jeff White from a native cut stone. I cannot remember what Jeff called the cut, but it has a second set of pavillion facets and the sparkle is astounding for a Sapphire. I dont know how to link back, but if you search on my screen name you will find the thread about it's creation, and lots of before,during, and after photos. You can see it on MrsTropicmasters finger in one of the pics I just posted on the Facetors thread below.

ETA- the stone was cut for, and now resides in MrsTropicmasters E ring

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Did you get to see the .60 carat hot pink sapphire from Winza? I''ve been watching it on his site...I wonder if it has already been sold or not.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 4:47:43 PM
Author: szh07
Did you get to see the .60 carat hot pink sapphire from Winza? I''ve been watching it on his site...I wonder if it has already been sold or not.

As a matter of fact I had asked Gary in advance to bring that little pink Sapphire with him so I could see it IRL. It is still available, or was late yesterday. Under the lighting at the show I found it to be a good bit less vivid or hot than the pic on his site. To be fair I did not take it out of it''s little container and based on past experience that can make a big difference.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ahh thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you are so fortunately to be able to visit and see all those goodies firsthand! So.....what did you get?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing your IRL opinions of the stones. I too enjoy it when a PSer buys something lovely and shares their photos. And I did notice the Mrs'' ering in that photo, it is very eye catching.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so neat that you were able to meet him! I love that Tsav!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 11:47:25 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
That''s so neat that you were able to meet him! I love that Tsav!
Me, too! I have several of Gary''s amazing gemstones.

Lori

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 8:46:38 AM
Author: Chrono
Oh, you are so fortunately to be able to visit and see all those goodies firsthand! So.....what did you get?

Chrono I did pick up 2 new goodies but due to MrsTropicmaster stopping in here occasionally I cannot share at this time. Sorryyyyyyyyyyy! lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2009 4:31:07 PM
Author: Tropicmaster
Chrono I did pick up 2 new goodies but due to MrsTropicmaster stopping in here occasionally I cannot share at this time. Sorryyyyyyyyyyy! lol
Darn it. Oh well…too bad I only understand this too well…otherwise you’ll be put on the rack!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results