shape
carat
color
clarity

Fine quality tanzanite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can any of you suggest vendors who sell fine quality tanzanite? I have an 18K white gold pendant that my jeweler made me years ago that has a less than ideal 6mm round tanzanite in it, and I''d like to replace it if I can find a stone with good cut, good polish and the color I''m chasing after.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have to be Tanzanite? Round cuts are more difficult to find.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
just a suggestion-look to jtv.com-with all the nagative news around dealing with the tv gem stores-jtv will stand behind all their sales and guarantee their material 2 b top quality-you really cant go wrong with them-ive bought several tanzy from jtv & all were top notch-my 2 cents...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
to LD-u can check jtv.com-they have quite an assortment of rounds-tanzy-to choose from-my 2 cnts...all top quality-guaranteed!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
www.paraibainternational.com seems to carry a lot of tanzanites but I don't see anything 6 mm. It might be worth emailing him to see if he has any that are unlisted.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2009 8:12:19 PM
Author: Chrono
www.paraibainternational.com seems to carry a lot of tanzanites but I don''t see anything 6 mm. It might be worth emailing him to see if he has any that are unlisted.

Thanks a lot. I''ll check this site and the africagems.com site and see if they have anything. JTV turned out to be a bust for me and tanzanite. I ordered four last year, two ovals and two rounds, and they were all cut so poorly that it made me whince. They went right back. I know some people have been happy with their product, maybe they''re slipping. I''ve become very spoiled by having the finest quality diamonds and now I want fine quality colored stones too.

TanzyFan

Rough_Rock
JTV in my opinion sells the lower grade. May I suggest ( if you have DISH or DirectTV ) Gem Shopping Network. I have been happy witht he Very Rich Color Tanzanite I have and they seem to always have very nice Rounds. Sometimes, they will have to cut one for you, but they have their lapidary.
Price usully is per carat and on average it is about 1000 US Dolllars p/carat.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid I agree. I wouldn't buy from a shopping network.

I HAVE bought from this company before and each and every gemstone I've got from them has been exceptional. http://www.lapigems.com/tanzanite.asp

ETA: $1000 per carat is too high. $600-700 is nearer the mark for top quality.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, ParaibaI has nice Tanzanite. It's one of their mainstays. See if they'll tweak an existing stone for you. They trimmed a mint tourmaline for me so that I have a matched pair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results