shape
carat
color
clarity

fine china--are you putting it on your registry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
and if so what pattern? i know this is a very old fashioned topic, but thought it''d be fun.

Right now I''m considering plain patterns (lenox opal innocence, lenox floral veil, wedgwood st moritz) or some more colored ones that can double as everyday (villeroy and boch swtich 3, cottage, french garden).
But part of me wonders if it''s worth registering for..how much will we use it etc. ALL my female relatives and friends say OF COURSE, do it. My FI thinks it''s silly and a waste, but leaves it up to me.

Hope everyone''s having a good day!

E B

Ideal_Rock
We''re not. My Dad inherited some beautiful fine china from his mother when she died, and he said we can have that if we want it. We WILL be registering for some casual, everyday china, though.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
We registered for Lenox Opal Innocence, but I have a different outlook on fine china than most people. My family always uses the fine china on weekends, and I intend to do the same, so I know mine will get good use. Also, my FMIL would have DIED if we did not register for it!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
No we registered for casual/fine china

broadway

Rough_Rock
I think we are just going to register for a ton of everyday china that looks a little fancy. That way we can keep a few sets out of the way so as not to get destroyed... but still have enough settings for a nice dinner party. Our family is going to very rarely eat with us and our friends wouldn''t notice if we put out china or Chinette... so I guess that''s a no.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
We''re just doing regular dishes from Crate & Barrel, but we''re getting enough that we can entertain with them if we need to. I love the pattern, and think it will be lovely no matter what. But we decided against separate china due to storage and actual useability.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We registered for Ralph Lauren Silk Ribbon Slate. FI and I both liked it and my mom was impressed on how fast we agreed on china! I knew I had to pick some or somebody else would pick them for me.
hc-419_zi

Our every day dishes are the Classic Century Collection from C&B.
ClassicCenturyRep

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think we will register for any china. I have two sets that have been passed down to me from my grandmother. One is fancy and the other more casual. What I''d like to do is find a place to buy particular pieces which we''re missing or have been broken over the years. I''d also like to do that w/the crystal that she gave us. I also have some very simple dishes that I''d like to get another set of (right now it''s a set for 4) but then I wonder, how many dishes does one household need??

broadway

Rough_Rock
Sumbride,

now I want your china pattern!! It''s beautiful!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 3:50:45 PM
Author: broadway
Sumbride,

now I want your china pattern!! It''s beautiful!

Thanks! I wish somebody would hurry up and send us some!
2.gif
We registered early and now I''m getting impatient even though the wedding isn''t until October. My mom said that she would have bought us a place setting if they had it in stock but it has to be shipped and she bought us some crystal instead. Which is still in it''s boxes.

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Oh, I love this topic. I''m a big fan of fine china, and while I''m not sure how much it will be used, it just doesn''t seem right not to register for it.
28.gif
I''m pretty sure that this is the pattern we''ll register for

vwchina1.jpg

honeybee

Rough_Rock
with this stemware
30.gif

vwstemware1.jpg

honeybee

Rough_Rock
and best case senario
31.gif
this sterling flatware:

vwsterling1.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Here in the South fine china is still very much a norm (or in my area anyway). In fact, I think if I didn''t register for any, my family would just go pick a pattern themselves and buy it for us. So, we registered for Noritake Aegean Mist. In addition to the 5 piece place setting, we asked for of each of the really neat contemporary square plates to jazz it up. I love the pattern. You can switch it up easily for different looks.
We registered for Crystal too, but NOT good silver. The stainless I have is just fine with me.
Aegean Mist:
http://chinaware.noritakechina.com/shoppingCart/noritakechina/Catalog.asp?category=Elegant&family=WhitePorcelain&product=1943&accessory=1

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I finally found the china that I have been wanting at Neiman Marcus!!! That means that most people will have to order it online, because few are near a store, but I love it too much to care! For me, it is the perfect mix of traditional and simple. Plus, the serving peices have rose details on them, which will look fantastic with the rose-pattern-repousse silver I collect (without being super "matchy"). YAY!

Herend Platinum Edge
(note: I don''t know much about Herend china...but I figure the quality has to be pretty good for Neimans, right?
2.gif
Fortunately, however, it is on the lower end, price-wise, of their fine china!)

ps herend platinum edge.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results