shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding the unicorn

Chileesi

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
After combing through the internet trying to learn as much as I can about diamonds the more frustrating and overwhelming everything becomes. We are looking for a 1.8-2ish D VS2 or higher round brilliant, ideal/triple excellent. I know we are paying for an additional premium with wanting a D. We've seen D compared to E, F, G,H and I of excellent cut at a BM store and can discern the differences in color, even when set. Additionally, the inclusions needs to be on the periphery and not on the table-so it'll probably bump up the clarity to VS1. Our budget is 25-35K, but ideally want to stay in the 29-30k. WF currently does not have any Ds in the carat range that's also in our price range and neither does Brain Gavin.

I was able to find this stone on JA
1.86 ct D VVS2 https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1009331
Idealscope 1009331id.jpg
I know with this stone the table is bigger than desired. My concern aside from the table percentage is the internal graining. From the video, it looks pretty good..? With the IS, there seem to be fewer hotspots, which from what I read decreases a diamond's sparkle and fire.

Am I pretty much on the right track when it comes to looking for a high performing diamond? I'm searching for diamonds with CA 34-35 with PA 40.6-41.

I also saw this stone http://www.gia.edu//report-check?reportno=5172689854, how does it compare to the VVS2?

Thoughts are appreciated!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call the vendors, WF, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera, good old gold. Since your requirements are so specific, you should have them search their inventory or their may have stones that they know are coming. You are very exacting so I wouldn't even try a search like this on your own. And since your standard are so high on color I assume you would not want to compromise on cut either. These vendors cut super ideal stones. Oh yeah. Add Crafted by Infinity to that list as well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1470105229|4061528 said:
Call the vendors, WF, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera, good old gold. Since your requirements are so specific, you should have them search their inventory or their may have stones that they know are coming. You are very exacting so I wouldn't even try a search like this on your own. And since your standard are so high on color I assume you would not want to compromise on cut either. These vendors cut super ideal stones. Oh yeah. Add Crafted by Infinity to that list as well.

+1. Call for specific parameters such as high color and clarity.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results