shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding the right diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gooner

Rough_Rock
I live in London and am about to buy an engagement ring. What I want to know is if it is cheaper to buy a good quality stone in New York''s 47th St District rather than London, UK. Hope anyone out there can help.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Gary makes a good point.

If you are planning on being in NYC though, you should find the prices less than in London.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A smart consumer in London might find a deal on a diamond, but not nearly as easily as via the Internet or on 47th St. in NYC. There are many places to buy diamonds in London, but I have seen very few that offered super pricing to the general public.

If you really know your stuff. If you have found out what the prices ought to be, you are in a good position to dicker on the price with a storekeeper, but they will rapidly take offense at what they believe is a low-ball offer. Things are a little more polite there than in the USA when it comes to paying the asked for price. This holds true in real retail stores, not in open markets or second hand stalls.

I bought a real winner at an open market at about 6am one day a few years back. Sometimes luck just takes over.

Gooner

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys for your feedback, I think I will get a cheap flight to NY, anymore advice for when i arrive will be most helpful. I am looking for a approx 0.90Ct, D-F, IF-VS1, Princess cut diamond (around $4000) in a platinum setting, with a matching platinum wedding band. Paying around another $4000 for the Platinum setting and Band (possibly set with diamonds)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results