shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding Pre-Owned Watch Value

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I are thinking of selling an old Cartier. Went to the Cartier Service Center and they said the watch was worth $6000. Then we met with a couple of dealers who said Cartier was wrong; that the watch was really worth 20% less.

Then they said they''d be willing to pay $1000 - $2500. How do we go about finding out what the watch is truly worth?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Jo...

You could check out (or join) the forums at www.timezone.com and see if you can get an answer there.

I''d also check with dealers of formerly owned watches (and Ebay, maybe?) to see if I could find similar watches for sale.

Don''t you suppose the different prices you''ve heard reflect the differences between what a retail buyer might expect to pay for your watch, and what a dealer might offer?

widget

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks widget. That makes sense.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Big difference between Cartier list price and pre-owned value. There is always interest in high end pre-owned watches. Condition is super important. My suggestion is to take your watch to three or four dealers who buy fine watches and see what the market will pay for your watch. Compare offers. Good luck.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results