shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding an Asscher Cut, bluenile, jamesallen, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am so glad to find this forum...I have learned so much already! I have been looking for my perfect asscher cut and setting for my engagement ring. I am also a total newbie. I have found my setting at Jamesallen.com, it is in the Danhov collection me-15. I absolutely love this setting. But not sure what the best spects for table and depth and cutlet are for an Asscher. I am looking for a 1.03-1.1 carat, D-F color, IF- VVS2, very good cut and a ratio of 1.00-1.03.Budget $7000
If I find my diamond with a different internet vendor will Jamesallen.com set it for me? I would love any additional advice. Thank you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
JA has found some very nice asschers in the past.
get pictures!! is the biggest thing.

Some numbers:
table - low 60s high 50s
depth - under 70 with discount deeper.
square as possible
10%+ crown height.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
I can request pictures? for free?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
also why IF- VVS2?
vs1 and vs2 are perfectly fine in almost all cases.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
well I thought that especially because it is a Asscher cut, clarity is quite important. You can see flaws quite easliy.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 4:28:07 PM
Author: Jessme7
I can request pictures? for free?
some you can get pictures for free some there is a small fee for bringing them in.
JA doesnt have any that I liked in your range with pics right now but can bring others in for pictures for a small fee.
GOG will bring a couple in for free too as another option.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 4:30:45 PM
well I thought that especially because it is a Asscher cut, clarity is quite important. You can see flaws quite easliy.
vs1 and vs2 will almost always be eyeclean to totaly eyeclean and since you have to have pictures to decide the vendor can weed out the very very very small percentage that might not be eyeclean for you.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your info. you have been quite helpfull. if you see any diamonds that fall in my range, even a VS1, let me know.
Do you know if I find a diamond at another online vendor, will JA mount it for me?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 4:43:23 PM
Thanks for all your info. you have been quite helpfull. if you see any diamonds that fall in my range, even a VS1, let me know.
Do you know if I find a diamond at another online vendor, will JA mount it for me?
You will have to ask them, I dont recall.
other vendors may be able to get that setting as well.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
what do you think of Bluenile.com? Any horror stories or just good ones?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 5:43:38 PM
what do you think of Bluenile.com? Any horror stories or just good ones?
they are ok but I don't have much use for them.
Not enough info and I don't like sales drones and they have refused to provide pictues in the past.
JA and a few other PS vendors are much much better to work with in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results